THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, Chriss said:

That is some mad shìt

It sounds crackers - but not too loopy if you look at it on a same level as Bands at a gig. 

You could’ve seen Arctic Monkeys for a tenner 15 years ago - it’ll cost you 50 quid now. When the footy is good people will come and pay a premium. Flexi price ticketing is probably a good way of riding the wave of demand in football.

Dont think he’s phrased it right....

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fair play to him, I think his broken English makes him sound arrogant and it comes across wrong.

Ultimately he is our benefactor and has got some things wrong and is rectifying it - he’s pumped hundreds of millions in, we haven’t forced it of course, but I’m willing to judge his actions from here on

Hes agreed to an interview and telling us a lot of stuff we already knew, and he’s getting slated. 

He’s said he’ll spend in Jan if we need to, I imagine he’s given Monk more time based on a points deduction being halved that he knew was coming and to let his team ‘gel’ - I suspect he would shift him out if it doesn’t get better by Xmas. 

There is literally nothing more we/he can do now - we’ve got the team, manager, backroom staff and a club that has no income coming in and he’s propping it up. The only change he can make is to fire Monk - I don’t see that happening now, yesterday has given him more time, maybe another 10 games. 

Hundreds of millions, on what??

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON FANS NOT BEING AT GAMES

We can’t look too far. In this situation we can’t see what’s next.

We don’t know what’s going to happen.

If fans get used to not coming to games for maybe a year or two, then that may feel normal.

Then when we ask them to come back, some may not as they may get used to watching games on iFollow.

I can understand why he feels like this but I expect the opposite with fans turning up in large numbers should we get the go ahead to return...people feel  deprived not bei g able to attend

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fair play to him, I think his broken English makes him sound arrogant and it comes across wrong.

Ultimately he is our benefactor and has got some things wrong and is rectifying it - he’s pumped hundreds of millions in, we haven’t forced it of course, but I’m willing to judge his actions from here on 

I could go on  ebay right now and pay £1362472472999.99 for a second hand Xbox

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I can understand why he feels like this but I expect the opposite with fans turning up in large numbers should we get the go ahead to return...people feel  deprived not bei g able to attend

Agreed - people are GAGGING for a game back at Hillsborough now

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON FANS NOT BEING AT GAMES

We can’t look too far. In this situation we can’t see what’s next.

We don’t know what’s going to happen.

If fans get used to not coming to games for maybe a year or two, then that may feel normal.

Then when we ask them to come back, some may not as they may get used to watching games on iFollow.

It could be the future but we there needs to be a balance where going to the games is preferable to watching via a stream. We need all forms of income to kick on that means getting everything right from ticket prices to club shop and food at the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

It sounds crackers - but not too loopy if you look at it on a same level as Bands at a gig. 

You could’ve seen Arctic Monkeys for a tenner 15 years ago - it’ll cost you 50 quid now. When the footy is good people will come and pay a premium. Flexi price ticketing is probably a good way of riding the wave of demand in football.

Dont think he’s phrased it right....

He has the flexibility given the huge gap between POTD and season tickets. But he hasn't used it much - how often have Kop tickets been north of £30? 

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s speaking facts 

We aren’t a big club 

We are a whiney bunch (me included) 

Ive seen other clubs forums and it does appear we seem to be much more negative by a long stretch. Nearly every thread on here is negative and you don’t see that elsewhere 

Maybe 70 years of winning sod all (League cup apart), big city club is appalling, I think we're allowed to be a little whiney and fed up with it all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Dynamic pricing isn't it? Leeds arena does it. It's the modern way. 

Or, you know.. charging more if we get to the premier league vs being in the championship exactly like it is now. 

Whats the theory?

Right, we’ve lost two games 7-0, next match is only a fiver?

Couple of wins and it’s 50 quid?

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I could go on  ebay right now and pay £1362472472999.99 for a second hand Xbox

You are being a bit ripped off there. 

However I do have one for sale at the bargain price of £1362472472999.98 if you are interested.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Haha 2

CHANSIRI ON PREMIER LEAGUE AMBITIONS

When we tried to go up a few years ago and weren’t successful then we needed to step back and try again.

These two or three years we are rebuilding and try to go back.

Every team wants to go up but we just don’t know what will happen. The difference from another business is that I can go in and affect something, but football I cannot do that.

We need to rely on the players. It’s not easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan

Is it wise for DC to allow Monk so much influence in signings?

" Birmingham chief executive claims Garry Monk was fired after a dispute over use of his agent"

Walked from Leeds because he couldn't have final say on transfers. Fell out with Gibson over players he signed.

Wonder how many of our new signings can be traced to James Featherstone.