THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

13 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I'm not saying he's telling the truth about this deal. But it is not out of the ordinary for firms to watch social media like a hawk. Some firms HATE negativity and bad PR being associated with them. 

We really don't have tame fans. We have our fair share of idiots.

I literally said that. Of course firms watch social media and it’s huge. I’m just stating that no firm in their right mind would enter a negotiation with a football club and the be surprised by a few negative comments.

Yes we have idiots, but if honestly saw fewer than other clubs. I see some absolute rubbish get said about it sent to players, but it’s not abuse like you see other clubs get. Especially premier league ones. 

We have the you’re not good enough, not fit to wear shirt etc. I don’t see racist abuse, homophobic abuse, sexism, threatening behaviour or utterly vile comments. It could be as we have less fans, but it is honestly tame. There was a little with players taking a knee (I found some fans disgusting with their response), but again in comparison it wasn’t much.

We need to get this “some of our fans are terrible” mentality out of our heads. With what we’ve been served for 20 years I think Wednesday fans are fantastic.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Admire the ambition, but 76 points would entail us getting 71 points out of a possible 108. 

If my maths are correct we’ve got 31 out of the last 102. 

That would require a Herculean turn around in form. 

Call me an old cynic, but I’m sure this is going to happen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s speaking facts 

We aren’t a big club 

We are a whiney bunch (me included) 

Ive seen other clubs forums and it does appear we seem to be much more negative by a long stretch. Nearly every thread on here is negative and you don’t see that elsewhere 

Wednesday over last 3 years have not exactly made it hard for the whiners. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON STEVE BRUCE

He wanted to come. I told him ‘I don’t like your style’, you can’t finish my job. He said he was good enough.

I gave him the chance. If he hadn’t come to see me then he wouldn’t have the chance to come here.

He went to Newcastle because of us. If he didn’t come to Wednesday then he wouldn’t have gone to Newcastle.

Because he came to see me, that’s why he got the job! That’s a fact and he cannot say anything to that. You can ask him.

what the hell is he on about!?!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON STEVE BRUCE

He wanted to come. I told him ‘I don’t like your style’, you can’t finish my job. He said he was good enough.

I gave him the chance. If he hadn’t come to see me then he wouldn’t have the chance to come here.

He went to Newcastle because of us. If he didn’t come to Wednesday then he wouldn’t have gone to Newcastle.

Because he came to see me, that’s why he got the job! That’s a fact and he cannot say anything to that. You can ask him.

Eh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

How can you expect anything other than negativity when you see how the club is run and the results on the pitch in the last couple of years . Where is there anything to be positive about. 

It’s been around for years .. instead of some idiot spouting and spitting negative rubbish from the back of the North Stand, he has social media now and a huge potential audience .. and it’s there for anyone (or business) to read

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON STEVE BRUCE

Sounds like Donald Trump in that statement

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Missing the point a bit there, we know the financial climate we and most clubs are working under because of the impact of the virus, so concentrate on things we can improve It doesn’t cost to set up a proper footballing philosophy does it

I would think it does depending how far you want to take it.  And arent you assuming that there isn't footballing philosophy?  Monk has touched on this. Getting in players who want to play for the club etc.      

Take your point though.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So basically Chansiri is saying that we didnt' find Steve Bruce at all - he came to US for the job

In fact Chansiri is saying he didnt' even like Steve Bruce's style as a manager

WTF

surely he needs to rethink that after witnessing Monk’s style

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

But he just said the players we have signed aren't good enough!!

Just the motivation they need that sort of comment, yet fans are negative!!!!!

You can't have it both ways Mr Chairman. 

He said sometimes it’s the players fault didn’t he? 

Which it is 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I would think it does depending how far you want to take it.  And arent you assuming that there isn't footballing philosophy?  Monk has touched on this. Getting in players who want to play for the club etc.      

Take your point though.

Think of how bad we would be if they didn't want to play for the club:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Admire the ambition, but 76 points would entail us getting 71 points out of a possible 108. 

If my maths are correct we’ve got 31 out of the last 102. 

That would require a Herculean turn around in form. 

Call me an old cynic, but I’m sure this is going to happen. 

THIS

When he says these numbers about what’s needed to go up - why doesn’t the interviewer follow up with ‘well you need X points a game and currently on X points’ - see what he responds then.

Easy to say - yeah we need 76 points we’ll go for it

• Like 2