THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Your apathy cost the club between £10m and £999m in sponsorship money.

Let that sink in. I hope you feel bad. 

I cost us a takeover, and wasting all that money on Rhodes too, I can handle it.

Anyway, got to go. I need to speak to Ollie about a very important role I have in mind for him.

Enjoy your football. 😇😇😇

• Haha 2

Shame he didn't expand on the lost sponsorship deal. There are numerous reasons why a company might pull out of a sponsorship deal due to something they've seen on social media - e.g. deal was leaked, (there was a lot of talk about Red Bull), accusations, info not identified in due diligence etc. My guess would be that sponsor highlighted something on social media that Chansiri didn't want them to know about, possibly something in the accounts? I doubt it was because Derek from High Green tweeted that Chansiri needs to sell up...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

CHANSIRI SAYS PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON

It’s still early but if we see in ten games’ time that we are nearer (top six) then we’ll see.

The average in the Championship normally is 76 points, last year it was 74 (play-offs).

After January we can predict.

We try as much as we can, despite deduction.

If we didn’t have the deduction, then we’d be wanting to go up. Otherwise what’s the point in spending money?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It’s still early but if we see in ten games’ time that we are nearer (top six) then we’ll see.

The average in the Championship normally is 76 points, last year it was 74 (play-offs).

If we didn’t have the deduction, then we’d be wanting to go up. Otherwise what’s the point in spending money?

well we would be 18th without the deduction. Hardly play off form! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But he just said the players we have signed aren't good enough!!

Just the motivation they need that sort of comment, yet fans are negative!!!!!

You can't have it both ways Mr Chairman. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

He's driven by bitterness and ego. He is a very unhappy man. 

Bang on. 

Which gives us no hope of a sale. He obviously holds the club and it’s fans in such a low regard. I can’t see him gritting his teeth enough to even force a smile to a potential buyer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Switch the news on you might hear something about a worldwide illness.  Take your time, let it sink in. 

Missing the point a bit there, we know the financial climate we and most clubs are working under because of the impact of the virus, so concentrate on things we can improve It doesn’t cost to set up a proper footballing philosophy does it

• Like 5
  • Love 1

CHANSIRI ON STEVE BRUCE

He wanted to come. I told him ‘I don’t like your style’, you can’t finish my job. He said he was good enough.

I gave him the chance. If he hadn’t come to see me then he wouldn’t have the chance to come here.

He went to Newcastle because of us. If he didn’t come to Wednesday then he wouldn’t have gone to Newcastle.

Because he came to see me, that’s why he got the job! That’s a fact and he cannot say anything to that. You can ask him.

• Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop