THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

£££££

But you know that

So you can sign this player on a free transfer for £5k per week but he may never walk again. But you can’t sign that player on a free transfer for £5k per week. Oh yeah right I get it now 

• Like 2

Just now, Plonk said:

So you can sign this player on a free transfer for £5k per week but he may never walk again. But you can’t sign that player on a free transfer for £5k per week. Oh yeah right I get it now 

Let's  discuss later - I'm trying to do a live feed here mate

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It sounds like there was an historic debt that he assumed as part of the deal with MM 

They have got spooked with the EFL charges last year

To appease them he has offered security 

It really is a wow moment for some of us

Thanks for the response. Wouldn’t the historic debt show in the accounts each year?

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I do vaguely recall there was a debt carried over to the previous directors - due on promotion to the Premier League

Now you mention it there was something like that.

But how does they call in the debt???

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Interesting that a man with "unlimited funds" would keep paying interest on a previous debt - then place a charge on the stadium to fund it

Tbf Nigel I think its slightly different.

the debt was a company liability- perfectly normal in a share purchase agreement to keep it

Interest has been funded

The lenders got spooked 

To appease he offered security

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I do vaguely recall there was a debt carried over to the previous directors - due on promotion to the Premier League

do we still owe Dave Allen a wedge. Repayable in full on promotion to prem 

On the fans

Minority of the fans try to damage the club. I do this to help the club so they don’t have the trouble of FFP.

Everything I try to do is the best for my club.

What are the minority of fans doing beside moaning or being negative? The majority of the fans are amazing.

It’s just a minority.

If you don’t like me, that’s fine. Just don’t damage the club.

I had a very big sponsor. It would have been very big for this club. It was almost finished.

It was an eight to nine figure. The principle was agreed but that team went and found information on social media.

I told them it was minor but at the end they refused me. It made me very upset.

I am not blaming the fans but it’s the facts. I talked with a big one and they agreed with me in principle.

and there we have it

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On the fans

Minority of the fans try to damage the club. I do this to help the club so they don’t have the trouble of FFP.

What are the minority of fans doing beside moaning or being negative? The majority of the fans are amazing.

It’s just a minority.

I had a very big sponsor. It would have been very big for this club. It was almost finished.

It was an eight to nine figure. The principle was agreed but that team went and found information on social media.

I am not blaming the fans but it’s the facts. I talked with a big one and they agreed with me in principle.

So it IS our fault... hmmmmm... 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On the fans

It’s just a minority.

uh oh.... here we go

just keep this stuff to yourself mate...lifes not fair.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Tbf Nigel I think its slightly different.

the debt was a company liability- perfectly normal in a share purchase agreement to keep it

Interest has been funded

The lenders got spooked 

To appease he offered security

Yep exactly.

Also having a lot of cash doesn't mean you necessarily use it.  Leveraging debt is perfectly normal in the business world and can make sense. It just feels a bit spooky as it's tied to the stadium and there's been instances in the past of Football clubs losing the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1