THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The announcement yesterday will have stolen his thunder. It was probably the reason for the interview. He would come out smelling of roses having done a deal with efl. 

I was kinda thinking this when he said he was looking at doing the interview before the transfer window shut, but couldn't. Who knows though really.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri on not selling players

When people try to talk about Fernando in the past, I needed to choose whether to sell him or keep him.

If I had sold him and we could have recovered FFP, it would be good. But if not, maybe it means more trouble.

At that time, I tried to sell a couple of players to cover FFP. At the end, we could do just one but it didn’t cover so I made a decision to keep.

At the time, I also thought he would be good.

I should have sold him at the time. He did nothing.

If you remember first year, people told me to not sell Fernando. There are many things I could say with hindsight.

Took several years, many millions of pounds and a 6 point penalty, but seems lessons are being learned.

• Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, swfcGibbo said:

Absolutely 💌 this part 😆

SAVAGE BUT TRUE

Is he definitely talking about FF because he mentions 2 players.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair comment. Reasonable to expect more direction from the EFL and government. Being asked to continue trading with hardly any revenue is not sustainable

Saying on the radio this morning that the government want answered from the EPL and EFL about what the plan to do in the future. Seems they are not happy with the EPL especially crying poverty when £1.2 billion was spent in the last transfer window.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

I would have been gutted to sell FF after the 2015/2016 season. But hindsight says we should have because he did very little after that. 

If he had sold him after he refused to play v Norwich, I’m sure many supporters would have backed Chansiri on his stance. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I already answer this question on why I don’t have a CEO.

What is the perception of a sporting director or control the players?

The way we operate is that the manager has the final say on what he wants.

This depends on policy. My policy is that I do not believe in a director of football. I have explained how the recruitment works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

DC on Hillsborough charge

I don’t want to say too much.

This company, we owe them before my time. We kept that and paid interest until we have enough money and pay them back.

From last season, when we had problems with the EFL, they scared. They asked me more about security and that is where we started to have the issue.

WTF

THE HILLSBOROUGH CHARGE / LOAN

I don’t want to say too much.

This company, we owe them before my time. We kept that and paid interest until we have enough money and pay them back.

From last season, when we had problems with the EFL, they scared. They asked me more about security and that is where we started to have the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, vulva said:

FF was a judgment call which with the benefit of hindsight he got wrong. You could easily have argued either way on that one. I do think an experienced football man would have moved him on though. 

Especially when Fulham offered £12m

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I already answer this question on why I don’t have a CEO.

What is the perception of a sporting director or control the players?

The way we operate is that the manager has the final say on what he wants.

This depends on policy. My policy is that I do not believe in a director of football. I have explained how the recruitment works.

So there breaks the mith. Monk is to blame for recent signings.

Monk out.

• Like 2
  • Love 1