THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, Plonk said:

That and the fact actually named him are big clues

It reads to me he tried to sell 2 - 1 being FF - but could only manage to shift 1, which would have made no difference so he didn't sell either. That said describes FF perfectly

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THE HILLSBOROUGH CHARGE / LOAN

I don’t want to say too much.

This company, we owe them before my time. We kept that and paid interest until we have enough money and pay them back.

From last season, when we had problems with the EFL, they scared. They asked me more about security and that is where we started to have the issue.

Thought it was all going a bit too well so far!

Hopefully someone will press him on this point!

Jesus wept!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri on not selling players

When people try to talk about Fernando in the past, I needed to choose whether to sell him or keep him.

If I had sold him and we could have recovered FFP, it would be good. But if not, maybe it means more trouble.

At that time, I tried to sell a couple of players to cover FFP. At the end, we could do just one but it didn’t cover so I made a decision to keep.

At the time, I also thought he would be good.

I should have sold him at the time. He did nothing.

If you remember first year, people told me to not sell Fernando. There are many things I could say with hindsight.

To be fair somewhere in there is a  reasonable statement of what he did wrong for possibly the right reasons. next time, hopefully, he sells

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Co-op?

The charge is registered by New Avenue Projects Limited but they act as a finance broker. So the people who used them to broker funding.

This suggests it goes back to MM's time 

Dusts off emails from Lee Stafford

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This company, we owe them before my time. We kept that and paid interest until we have enough money and pay them back.

From last season, when we had problems with the EFL, they scared. They asked me more about security and that is where we started to have the issue.

Not sure what he means here. Is he saying he’s taken out the recent charge/loan to pay off a debt from before he took over or the previous debt wasn’t originally secured against the stadium but now is.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is very interesting and wasn't aware of this, was anybody else?

Think he's saying we just paid the interest on a loan and would look to pay it back on promotion? They've now put a charge on Hillsborough to protect the loan? 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF?

Who do we owe long term........

How can this be?

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

ON CEO'S

If we have a CEO, they need to know how to generate money for the club.

Even some in football in 15 to 20 years, it doesn’t mean they know football.

For me, it has to be a priority in January.

why january? is there a transfer window on CEO's?

• Haha 1