THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, striker said:

I know this is an easy target to have a go at DC, but don't think he's having a go or blaming fans. He acknowledges a minority and we all know we have a minority of perpetual negative fans.

Sounds like he has a deal lined up, the sponsors due diligence and review of social media raised concern. I'm sure not the only issue,  but a contributing factor. Big companies live on social media now and part of our value in terms of sponsorship may have been the social platforms.

(Tin hat on ready for supporting DC)

I agree with you actually, but its going to get spun, bad PR move really mentioning that.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So we cherry pick the bits which fits it our narrative and dismiss the rest as a load of dangly bits.  

You think the fans posting on social media has lost us an up to 1bn sponsorship package? 

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, A12owl said:

Is he blaming Owlstalk members for losing the sponsorship deal. Go get him Neil. 

No not the members, a minority he said so just Neil lol

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Chairman just said this - "Sometimes you think too big about yourselves. Sheffield Wednesday, actually is not that big."

First thing i actually agree with him about

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"The stadium has belonged to the owner of the club for 100 years or more. It still belongs to me. Why are you scared?"

I'm not but some people are. They are wrong to be but still their views and perceptions are important and it needs explanation not simply outright challenge.

• Like 1

Just now, Therealrealist said:

So just like every otjer club in world football then??

I’m not naive enough to think other clubs have negative thinking followers. If you go on other clubs forums (like I do) on a regular basis, there are plenty there.

However we have more than most and they are certainly more consistent in their assault on the club. You could say circumstances induce such abuse of the club but actually it’s actually the same people that complained when we fighting for promotion.. nothing is good enough for them

• Love 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Sadly it is. All businesses that have a public presence ( or desire one) are protective of their brand. That is a reality.

We have far too many negative people that declare their support for the club but have an agenda to knock at every single opportunity.

That is a reality

That’s your opinion. 

Fans being negative didn’t cost Chansiri a £10m + deal.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1