THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

The charge is registered by New Avenue Projects Limited but they act as a finance broker. So the people who used them to broker funding.

This suggests it goes back to MM's time 

Dusts off emails from Lee Stafford

I’m not accounting expert but why in the purchase of a business would the debt be carried over from previous ownership instead of being settled?

I thought we had also changed the trading entity of the club when Chansiri took over?

Very concerning if you ask me but as I say I’m no expert...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why he's not sacked Monk

You can’t mix two seasons together.

I always say to the media and all the fans is it is easy to make a decision without responsibility.

It’s easy to say ‘not good, sack’ - some managers have gone to other clubs and not been a success.

It’s easy to sack the manager but sometimes it is not 100 per cent the manager’s fault.

For me on the pitch, it is more the fault of the players. On the pitch, the manager can’t do anything.

He can not sign them ffs

Guest Grandad

Interesting that a man with "unlimited funds" would keep paying interest on a previous debt - then place a charge on the stadium to fund it

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Not sure what he means here. Is he saying he’s taken out the recent charge/loan to pay off a debt from before he took over or the previous debt wasn’t originally secured against the stadium but now is.

It sounds like there was an historic debt that he assumed as part of the deal with MM 

They have got spooked with the EFL charges last year

To appease them he has offered security 

It really is a wow moment for some of us

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why he's not sacked Monk

You can’t mix two seasons together.

I always say to the media and all the fans is it is easy to make a decision without responsibility.

It’s easy to say ‘not good, sack’ - some managers have gone to other clubs and not been a success.

It’s easy to sack the manager but sometimes it is not 100 per cent the manager’s fault.

For me on the pitch, it is more the fault of the players. On the pitch, the manager can’t do anything.

Nope I'm not getting that point. Maybe lost in translation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

I’m not accounting expert but why in the purchase of a business would the debt be carried over from previous ownership instead of being settled?

I thought we had also changed the trading entity of the club when Chansiri took over?

Very concerning if you ask me but as I say I’m no expert...

No he just bought the shares so you would take on any company liabilities. This might be off balance sheet stuff though.