Done some Maths and.....

The last relegation place (22nd) 

2014-2015- 41pts

2015-2016- 40pts

2016-2017- 51pts

2017-2018-41pts

2018-2019- 40pts

2019-2020- 48pts *49pts if you exclude Wigans point deduction.

I think to be safe this season, we will need to finish on  45+pts. I think this season relegation battle is weaker than last season. We have 37 games left, I KNOW times are tough at the moment, but nothing is won or lost in the first 9 games of the season. 

So, the question is: Which manager out there who will come to Wednesday, can get us at least 49points out of 37 games if Monk was to be sacked?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Think the mountain to climb has been made impossible with the last three performances and results. Confidence and the ability to play has been shot to pieces. Argue that three points earned now, earlier in the season would add to confidence. Don't agree that the season is won or last in the first 9 games - think the start of the season has defined our demise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

2014-2015- 41pts

2015-2016- 40pts

2016-2017- 51pts

2017-2018-41pts

2018-2019- 40pts

I think to be safe this season, we will need to finish on  45+pts. I think this season relegation battle is weaker than last season. We have 37 games left, I KNOW times are tough at the moment, but nothing is won or lost in the first 9 games of the season. 

So, the question is: Which manager out there who will come to Wednesday, can get us at least 49points out of 37 games if Monk was to be sacked?

Agree that there is plenty still to play for but with 3 games a week, those games/points will soon disappear and under the current management, tactics and form we don’t look capable of achieving this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feel like it will be too late. We should have got rid of Monk last season. A new manager bounce will give us a brief spark, a proven manager will give us a fighting chance. It feels a tall order even for a proven quality manager. DC really needs to act ASAP and axe Monk but it will take even more than that, we need to sort ourselves out on and off the pitch.

However, none of that excuses Monk's pitiful record ever since last Christmas. Which is why he should have been axed before this season even started. 

For too long DC has been making mistakes, the set up is poor to say the least, recruitment; scouting, the academy, coaching staff, the whole lot needs smartening up. Most of all DC needs to bring in football minded people to help him run the club, a CEO and/or a DOF. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You cannot deduce how many points a team will get over a season from the number of points earned by that team in its first 9 games, and the same goes with regard to positions. Because teams have runs of form; they might have a terrible run of 9 games at the start, but generally they don't repeat that form for the rest of the season. For example, last season's bottom 3 at this stage were Stoke and Huddersfield, each with 2 points from 9 games, and Barnsley with 5. That's worse than the teams at the bottom this season,  and if they'd carried on like that Stoke and Huddersfield would have got about 10 points, and Barnsley would have got about 25. But in the end the teams relegated went down with relatively high totals. Just because Forest have got 6 points from their first 9 games, that certainly doesn't mean they're going to get less than 40 points, let alone the 30 or so their current points average would work out over a season. To take another example, Derby also have 6 points from 9 games, the same as they had in 2016/17. They finished that season with 67 points. The team 4th-bottom after 9 games that season were Cardiff with 8 points. They finished the season with 62 points.

• Like 3

I think there is a fair chance that at least three Championship clubs will enter administration this season which should, in theory, even out the points deduction. However, it being the Wednesday way, it is also predictable that the administration points deduction will be relaxed because there are extenuating circumstances, namely that the administration resulted from factors other than financial mismanagement thus could not be avoided.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwintonLad99 said:

2014-2015- 41pts

2015-2016- 40pts

2016-2017- 51pts

2017-2018-41pts

2018-2019- 40pts

Sadly, I’m not sure this will be the case. Some of the teams we thought would get few points are picking up more than expected. Teams like dingles, rovrum, Luton, udders and coventry.

Hope I’m wrong though. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, GLOwl said:

Sadly, I’m not sure this will be the case. Some of the teams we thought would get few points are picking up more than expected. Teams like dingles, rovrum, Luton, udders and coventry.

Hope I’m wrong though. 

Im hoping it is just a purple patch, i don't think they will keep up the form. I don't think Monk is the right man, however i don't see which manager will come and manager us during these times

• Like 1

Just now, Silkstone Owl said:

Not to be pessimistic but no-one will touch us with a barge pole 

look how long it took to appoint Monk in the first place 

Exactly my point matey, it's a tough pill to swallow but i think we will be forced to wait and see if he can turn things around. I am not monk OUT or In, i do think hes done bad, but with every manager ill support them and the team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Not to be pessimistic but no-one will touch us with a barge pole 

look how long it took to appoint Monk in the first place 

Not really...he was the last resort.

Others wanted too much money or control or both.

If he had been the first option he would have had the job within 20mins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1