Carlos Carvalhal was right

Carlos and chansiri are the dream team that got us into this mess

Cant believe any Wednesday fan would want ‘calamity carlos’ anywhere near the club

Monk is even worse but to choose between the two of them is like deciding whether to be kicked in the balls or stick a poker in your eye

Both bad managers 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just saying he had the foresight to see the moment he left this club was going to fall apart. He saw it coming.

VISIONARY. 

Yeah cos he'd signed his 7th striker and totally smashed the wage budget on has been players who he had no idea how to fit into any football system.

• Like 1

Carlos did ok for two seasons and was let go weeks too late.  Ultimately he achieved nothing. You get the same reward for finishing 20th as you do for losing a play-off.

It’s been clear for a long, long time that our problems are primarily above the manager, coaching staff and players.  These things have all changed and we’ve continued to decline. There’s only been one constant throughout. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

At the time when Carlos left I remember thinking, what a mistake! This club will stagnate terribly on and off the pitch, culminating in a points deduction and several inept managers. We should never sack Carlos for the future is worse! I remember everyone thinking and saying that. 

I certainly didn’t want him to go and believe we would be in a better position now if he’d stayed.

20 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

All went well after his first season 🤦🏼‍♂️

if you class losing in the playoff final and then semi final whilst draining the club of money as a success then we are miles apart on our views. 

Carlos like every where he’s managed last a season then it started to turn sour. It’s a huge no from me!! 

On the pitch is the most "success we've had in 25years" as for draining the club that's what the chairman is there for to turn the tap off not leave it running when were out of water.

We still though didn't have a top 3 budget either season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

I certainly didn’t want him to go and believe we would be in a better position now if he’d stayed.

Despite the awful football, failed promotions, injury ridden team, interview meltdowns, stagnation? Absolute hindsight at its finest. Why can't people seperate situations? Carlos was good for us. Then he stopped being good and it was time for it to end. Weirdest thread ever this. He has no link or connection to the current team which is 2-3 managers and 2-3 years after his stint. I don't get what people are saying or why? It's like saying we'd be better if Big Ron was in charge now. We should never have lost him as manager. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Carlos did ok for two seasons and was let go weeks too late.  Ultimately he achieved nothing. You get the same reward for finishing 20th as you do for losing a play-off.

Of course you don’t, there are numerous potential benefits for finishing in the payoffs, financial, exposure, attracting better players, sponsorship.

• Like 1

Dreadful football? Played some of the best football seen in years so I suppose prior to his arrival and after his departure we've played much better? Get a grip man! The best position we've been in as a club is on recent years under DC and CC!!!

Edited by Frank_Lucas
  • Like 2

Just now, Frank_Lucas said:

Dreadful football played some of the best football seen in years so I suppose prior to his arrival and after his departure we've played much better? Get a grip man! The best position we've been in as a club is on recent years under DC and CC!!!

HONOURS BOARD!!!!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

He’s a good manager no doubt but he’s not a long term manager as his CV shows.

He comes in, does well over a short space of time and off into horizon he goes.

Think we both needed to part after the Huddersfield game.

The job at that point would have been the most attractive it has been for 20 years.

• Thanks 2