Carlos Carvalhal was right

36 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In fairness to Monk, Carlos had better players to work with than those currently available.

It is highly unlikely that he'd get us to two play-offs with this lot.

This has been my point from the outset, namely that this isn't about good/bad managers.

It's about right/wrong managers.

For the relative plop we have on the pitch now, to cheat the drop requires a specific type of manager.

A Colin, a McCarthy etc.

Aggressive, nasty, cunning and experienced.

A manager who can get good results with substandard players.

Frankly, the type of managers the Blades have traditionally had.

Monk isn't a bad manager, and he may have gone one better than Carlos had he had those players to work with, but he's wrong for us now.

I’m not so sure. Were Carlos in charge of the squad last Christmas, I’m pretty sure we’d have maintained our progress. We certainly wouldn’t have fallen away in such dramatic fashion. The “relative plop” we have on the pitch now, is largely down to recent signings, and Monk’s desire to play players out of position. 

2 hours ago, nort pole owl said:

I believe if Bruce got the job then or a manager like him we got promoted just my opinion cc was a gamble and were paying a heavy price for it

I don't think anybody will argue that Bruce isn't more proven at Championship level.

It doesn't make Carlos a failure or bad manager though.

Say what you like about him, but the guy was on a different level to Garry Monk.

For two his two and a half seasons in charge we looked like a team who could get promoted, even if the quality of football tailed off in the second season.

Now we look like a team who would struggle against the Dog and Duck.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In fairness to Monk, Carlos had better players to work with than those currently available.

It is highly unlikely that he'd get us to two play-offs with this lot.

This has been my point from the outset, namely that this isn't about good/bad managers.

It's about right/wrong managers.

For the relative plop we have on the pitch now, to cheat the drop requires a specific type of manager.

A Colin, a McCarthy etc.

Aggressive, nasty, cunning and experienced.

A manager who can get good results with substandard players.

Frankly, the type of managers the Blades have traditionally had.

Monk isn't a bad manager, and he may have gone one better than Carlos had he had those players to work with, but he's wrong for us now.

All about opinions  but for me I'm not having Monk would have done better than Carlos with the Carlos squad. Lumping it upto FF and Hooper ain't going to get you anywhere. Monk doesnt work the ball forward as we did then, he plays percentage football.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

People who say Carlos spunked millions are a bit strange..do you really think cc told dc to suddenly treble everybody’s wages??  It’s clear the agents smelt blood with dc..new owner with no knowledge about football and they had is pants down...I’ve no doubt it will still be happening..look at the signing of the  chap with no legs etc

Just now, deano said:

Dont think anyone is saying Carlos is a better manager then the leeds or wolves manager. 

Further, I'm sure wolves spent even more.

It's not about spending less or more its about getting the job done cc got the money that no other swfc manager ever got and failed... We live a half a dream now were living the nightmare and dc and cc are the blame wolves chairman got there man bang promotion look at he's record versus cc... It was a bad appointment by dc 

2 minutes ago, nort pole owl said:

It's not about spending less or more its about getting the job done cc got the money that no other swfc manager ever got and failed... We live a half a dream now were living the nightmare and dc and cc are the blame wolves chairman got there man bang promotion look at he's record versus cc... It was a bad appointment by dc 

Bloody hell some shocking managers about then as only 3 get promoted each season, Paul Warne poo , Gareth Ainsworth poo , that Barnsley manager pile of poo.

6 minutes ago, nort pole owl said:

It's not a comparison between previous swfc managers, its between other teams in the league during his tenure.

Anyway, Monk is horrendous and Chansiri is showing to be an incredibly poor chairman, now exposed because he cant spend.

Edited by deano

7 minutes ago, deano said:

It's not a comparison between previous swfc managers, its between other teams in the league during his tenure.

Anyway, Monk is horrendous and Chansiri is showing to be an incredibly poor chairman, now exposed because he cant spend.

Ya were - 12points because of 

23 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Spent (wasted) more money than any manager in our history and left us in a worse place than he found us. 

Only consolation is the great unwashed may soon be saying the same about Wilder. He seems to have done a good job over summer undoing all his previous good work bringing in more expensive replacements and fracturing the spirit of the side. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dave Allen would have had the foresight and common sense to send that greasy car salesman Carlvalhal packing long before Chansiri did

We get this a lot from you.....blaming carlos for everything, yet support monk......please explain your rationale. Preferably through facts