Carlos Carvalhal was right

10 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Too true.

Carlos inherited a good squad/Team from Gray, the players were Physically fit , organised and  motivated.

It was only when Carlos took over that the fitness began to drop, Holiday training camps in Portugal, and Players looking for a last payday and any lack of motivation.

The Fall has been going on since the day he walked into the club and it has fallen on Monk, or it could have been some one else, to sort out the mess they inherited.

Did you go to any home games in Grays last season?  We were shocking.... Terrible football and May and Bus up front so few goals.  As bad as now, even allowing for Gray not having much dosh.  

Monk can't sort out the current mess. Cook maybe could.  

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

Did you go to any home games in Grays last season?  We were shocking.... Terrible football and May and Bus up front so few goals.  As bad as now, even allowing for Gray not having much dosh.  

Monk can't sort out the current mess. Cook maybe could.  

Why is it always Paul Cook and not The Cowley Brothers now?

I don't understand why everyone isn't still crying for The Cowley Brothers like they were last time?

Why have people moved onto Paul Cook?

I don't get it?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WEEYYYY HEYYYYY!!!!!!

These "I've watched Wednesday for over 50 years" statements are coming thick and fast these days

lol

Gotta love a post/phone call to Praise or Grumble telling everyone how long they've been watching Wednesday

🤣

Discuss the post, not the poster mate. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is it always Paul Cook and not The Cowley Brothers now?

I don't understand why everyone isn't still crying for The Cowley Brothers like they were last time?

Why have people moved onto Paul Cook?

I don't get it?

I guess because the Cowleys were given a chance in the championship with a Huddersfield team who on paper should have been nearer the top than what they were. Paul Cook had a rubbish Wigan side at mid table (including an incredible run) until their points deduction 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Monk, Cook, the Cowley brothers, they’re all lower league managers, with tactics to match. Appoint any of those, and that’s where we’ll end up

Yeh but last time around we were getting told COWLEYS COWLEYS COWLEYS - we should hire The Cowleys. The Cowleys are the only ones that can save us. The Cowleys are the greatest managers, they're on the way up, they know what they're doing, they've got so much success

Now it's PAUL COOK, COOK COOK COOK, Cook is the only one that can save us, Cook is the greatest manager, he's on his way up, he knows what he's doing, he's had so much recent success etc etc

It's baffling

Why aren't the people who screamed out for The Cowleys before not screaming for them again?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Monk, Cook, the Cowley brothers, they’re all lower league managers, with tactics to match. Appoint any of those, and that’s where we’ll end up

We're turning into a lower league club, having already got tactics to match. 

Even Megson or Bullen would do better with this squad than Monk. We're ten points from safety with only 37 games to catch up.  It can still be done, but not under Monk.  There's no fight or team spirit in the side. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeh but last time around we were getting told COWLEYS COWLEYS COWLEYS - we should hire The Cowleys. The Cowleys are the only ones that can save us. The Cowleys are the greatest managers, they're on the way up, they know what they're doing, they've got so much success

Now it's PAUL COOK, COOK COOK COOK, Cook is the only one that can save us, Cook is the greatest manager, he's on his way up, he knows what he's doing, he's had so much recent success etc etc

It's baffling

Why aren't the people who screamed out for The Cowleys before not screaming for them again?

I’ve answered that for you above 

I’m not a massive advocate of us getting Paul Cook, however if Chansiri sacks Monk, I’d be pleased with the appointment of Cook

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've watched Wednesday for over 76 years mate

I know more about posting than most

etc

Sorry to break it to you, but I reckon you're suffering from dementia.  And why is G O O K as in gobbledy **** a swearword?  Get your filters fixed. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's baffling

Not by me, and for the record, I was hostile to a Monk appointment as well

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

Sorry to break it to you, but I reckon you're suffering from dementia.  And why is G O O K as in gobbledy **** a swearword?  Get your filters fixed. 

gook1

/ɡuːk,ɡʊk/

noun

OFFENSIVE•NORTH AMERICAN

a foreigner, especially a person of SE Asian descent.

Owlstalk Shop