Carlos Carvalhal was right

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Typical Wednesday fans

Unable to ever look forward

Always having to look backwards

And then complain the club never gets anywhere

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back, as long as you are looking back to learn lessons for the future.

Should have gone sooner than he did. Having lost in the play offs to Huddersfield and with the good players we still had,  we could have attracted a manager to take us to the next level but stuck with Carlos and weren't in as strong a position to replace him when we realised he had taken us as far as he could. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I believe he would have turned things around, and we should have kept him on. It’s unbelievable that we let him go, when his only two full seasons achieved two play off places. His legacy, contrary to the opinion of some, has been totally mismanaged

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

“You turn your back on me, you turn your back on Sheffield Wednesday”

The man was a visionary. He’s tearing it up in Europe right now.

6436F061-08CB-45B9-B786-E3EBE8FC5FD1.jpeg

What does this prove he was right about? Sorry for being thick but I don’t get the point of this thread

• Love 1

Just now, GLOwl said:

What does this prove he was right about? Sorry for being thick but I don’t get the point of this thread

Nothing to get really mate. I just think Carlos was well aware of the issues facing the club caused by the chairman and his advisors. I actually think he did a superb job managing a squad full of highly paid egos and players who signed but never actually got a game. The dressing room must have been incredibly difficult to manage due to DC’s policy of signing everyone and anything he could. 

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh god not the dreaded Christmas party where big bad Hutchinson and Westwood forced Monk to play hoof ball, play 3 at the back and went on their way laughing manically at our sorry demise. 

Not THAT Christmas party which is still haunting the new players and brand new coaching staff who weren’t even there. The Christmas party where just the slight mention of what went down forces our players to retreat in their own half and hoof it up to 5’9 Jack Marriott to try and win a header.

NOT THAT CHRISTMAS PARTY 

I p*ssed in my bosses beer at our Xmas party one year. Wonder if what Westwood did was worse than that. Sick of hearing these excuses 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I p*ssed in my bosses beer at our Xmas party one year. Wonder if what Westwood did was worse than that. Sick of hearing these excuses 

Way worse than that mate. So bad that it explains why we lost to Wycombe yesterday. If you knew what went down you’d forgive Monk for losing three on the trot against crap sides and not scoring a single goal. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nothing to get really mate. I just think Carlos was well aware of the issues facing the club caused by the chairman and his advisors. I actually think he did a superb job managing a squad full of highly paid egos and players who signed but never actually got a game.  

Rewriting history there BIG time

That's recognised as one of the things he did the worst of all

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh god not the dreaded Christmas party where big bad Hutchinson and Westwood forced Monk to play hoof ball, play 3 at the back and went on their way laughing manically at our sorry demise. 

Not THAT Christmas party which is still haunting the new players and brand new coaching staff who weren’t even there. The Christmas party where just the slight mention of what went down forces our players to retreat in their own half and hoof it up to 5’9 Jack Marriott to try and win a header.

NOT THAT CHRISTMAS PARTY 

I wish I had been a fly on the wall at that Christmas party then I could have spilled the beans about what happened. We hear so much about it but no one will say what happened. 

• Love 1