Garry Monk Comparison Stats @ Hillsborough

Said before Monk was appointed, when everyone was lumping on Rowett, and a lot of us were hoping for someone like Hughton to replace Bruce, that Monk was an awful manager. He's on a downward trajectory.

Fair enough he did well in his first job at Swansea, until the results dried up. It was remarkable how Monk's Leeds side went from top 6 certs with a chance of making the top 2 to not even making the play offs. If his Leeds spell wasn't alarming enough, he couldn't even make it at Middlesbrough whilst they still had their failure payments.

Last seasons collapse was horrifically spectacular and a familiar story during his short managerial career and the main reason why he hasn't lasted long in any of his managerial jobs.

Our home record under Monk is atrocious and reason enough to axe him. DC must be deluded, clueless or his head is firmly buried in the sand if he thinks Monk's still the right man for the job. Because nothing Monk has done during his managerial career suggests he's worth sticking with long term. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Said before Monk was appointed, when everyone was lumping on Rowett, and a lot of us were hoping for someone like Hughton to replace Bruce, that Monk was an awful manager. He's on a downward trajectory.

Fair enough he did well in his first job at Swansea, until the results dried up. It was remarkable how Monk's Leeds side went from top 6 certs with a chance of making the top 2 to not even making the play offs. If his Leeds spell wasn't alarming enough, he couldn't even make it at Middlesbrough whilst they still had their failure payments.

Last seasons collapse was horrifically spectacular and a familiar story during his short managerial career and the main reason why he hasn't lasted long in any of his managerial jobs.

Our home record under Monk is atrocious and reason enough to axe him. DC must be deluded, clueless or his head is firmly buried in the sand if he thinks Monk's still the right man for the job. Because nothing Monk has done during his managerial career suggests he's worth sticking with long term. 

What during his career suggests giving him the job at all? WTF!? 

Didnt get it then and don't get it now. Don't understand. Awful decison. Our chairman has learnt nothing and has proved he will just continue to make mistakes. 

• Like 1

The stat that stands out for me is that even Luhukay managed to get the team to score at least 2 goals in nearly half the home games,

And Monks at 13%, 13%.

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Jos but jeusus christ! Monk truly doesn't have a clue.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We're currently mid-table with a Sunday league squad of players

That's a better performance than any of the last four managers including Carlos who only managed mid table with his squad of allstars (And Westwood)

You have a strange idea of mid table if you think 6th and 4th is mid table.

And we aren't mid table.  We're 24th out of 24.

Even adding 12 points back on, which strangely you don't want to do for Paul Cook and Wigan..... we still have a record of W2 D2 L3.   Not good.

Sunday league players?   Didn't Monk bring in NINE of his own, including one with a broken leg?   You couldn't make it up.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

You have a strange idea of mid table if you think 6th and 4th is mid table.

And we aren't mid table.  We're 24th out of 24.

Even adding 12 points back on, which strangely you don't want to do for Paul Cook and Wigan..... we still have a record of W2 D2 L3.   Not good.

Sunday league players?   Didn't Monk bring in NINE of his own, including one with a broken leg?   You couldn't make it up.  

Monk has said repeatedly that he doesn't do the recruiting or finding of players

He's said it clearly many times

Not quite sure why you'd disregard this and pretend he never said it

Unless of course you have some kind of agenda

Carlos wasn't sacked and booted out of the club when we were 6th or 4th

Owlstalk Shop

I don’t believe for one minute, Monk realises the gravity of our situation. I genuinely think he lives in a world of his own where he genuinely believes he is the best manager on the planet? I shudder to think where we’ll be in 2 or 3 years time, if he the Chairman doesn’t make the decision that needs making within the next month?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t believe for one minute, Monk realises the gravity of our situation. I genuinely think he lives in a world of his own where he genuinely believes he is the best manager on the planet?  

Jim

Put down the crack pipe for a moment mate - it's not doing you any good that stuff

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

What happened to these players are hungry, the sum of the parts etc.Garry Monk is building his own team, togetherness, we have a super striker coach. Winning dressing room. 

I think it’s finally dawned on Monks staunchest supporters that he’s not up to the task. His desperate tactics are failing. So now there’s a lot of backtracking and new excuses getting churned out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

What happened to these players are hungry, the sum of the parts etc.Garry Monk is building his own team, togetherness, we have a super striker coach. Winning dressing room. 

I think it’s finally dawned on Monks staunchest supporters that he’s not up to the task. His desperate tactics are failing. So now there’s a lot of backtracking and new excuses getting churned out.

Agreed the Monk fans made themselves look foolish and are now backtracking all over the place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

The stat that stands out for me is that even Luhukay managed to get the team to score at least 2 goals in nearly half the home games,

And Monks at 13%, 13%.

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Jos but jeusus christ! Monk truly doesn't have a clue.

My last boss is a Leeds fan. Says GM’s style of setting up them so negatively was his downfall there. Trying to win games 1-0 and inviting pressure. Seems not to have learnt anything in his short career.

• Like 1

I think those of us who have been recognising Monk's shortcomings tactically (like having your brand new target man striker go and take the throw ins, only to throw it straight onto their defenders heads every time) will also concede that this squad just isn't good enough to keep us up given the -12 points deduction caused by Chansiri (and Carlos)

Owlstalk Shop