Garry Monk Comparison Stats @ Hillsborough

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesn't mean you replace them with sunday league players mate

Which of our new signings are you describing as Sunday League players out of interest?

37 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Super Garry Monk.

Don't judge him in comparison with other managers, its not fair.

Judge him on how he thought the squad that he helped to get to 3rd place at Christmas were wasters so he started to dissemble that team

Judge him on how that decision to break up that team worked out for him

Judge him on how he has signed young hungry players now and how they will get us better results than the expensive wasters.

Judge him on the merits and results of playing left sided players on the right and right sided players on the left

Judge him on the impact of playing 3 at centre-back with only 2 centre-backs in the squad he picked

Judge him on how well playing an attacking wing-back at CB ahead of other options is working out.

Judge him on how moving to 3 at the back post lockdown has impacted on our results and performances

Judge him on why we have less shots on target this season than all teams in the division except the mighty Rotherham and Wycombe.

Judge him on why we are continually playing long ball to no target man

Judge him on how he and his new coaching team have turned around the form of Jordan Rhodes

But don't judge him against others like Jos Luhukay who made 1 signing as we were in a tranfer embargo during much of his time as its just not fair.

Fantastic post! 

Especially the 'disassemble squad point at christmas' as its so valid as to why he is so awful. Broke a great team up. Arrogance of the man shone through as he should have dealt with the players in dressing room until it went South. 

• Like 1

Just now, SouthernOwl24 said:

Fantastic post! 

Especially the 'disassemble squad point at christmas' as its so valid as to why he is so awful. Broke a great team up. Arrogance of the man shone through as he should have dealt with the players in dressing room until it went South. 

HELLO

THIS IS GROUND CONTROL TO YOU GUYS OUT THERE IN COSMIC SPACE 

THIS IS GROUND CONTROL

CAN YOU HEAR ME SPACE COWBOYS???

LISTEN CAREFULLY

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE

WE

HAD

TO

BREAK

UP

THE

OVERPAID

SQUAD

DUE

TO

FFP

OTHERWISE

WE

WOULD 

HAVE 

BEEN 

PUNISHED

YET

AGAIN

BY 

THE 

EFL

FOR

BREACHING

FFP

DUE

TO

MASSIVE 

WAGE

BILL

OVER AND OUT.

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

HELLO

THIS IS GROUND CONTROL TO YOU GUYS OUT THERE IN COSMIC SPACE 

THIS IS GROUND CONTROL

CAN YOU HEAR ME SPACE COWBOYS???

LISTEN CAREFULLY

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE

WE

HAD

TO

BREAK

UP

THE

OVERPAID

SQUAD

DUE

TO

FFP

OTHERWISE

WE

WOULD 

HAVE 

BEEN 

PUNISHED

YET

AGAIN

BY 

THE 

EFL

FOR

BREACHING

FFP

DUE

TO

MASSIVE 

WAGE

BILL

OVER AND OUT.

What are you on about. We didnt sell them at xmas? Hutch left at end of season. Westwood still here. 

He froze them out when we were performing well. Nothing to do with FFP. They may have had to go at end of season but not at xmas/january when he decided to change squad. 

I'm off for some tea.

If I'm gone a while it might be because I have chosen to take the Monk approach to making the best use of the tools I have available by trying to open a tin of tomatoes with a screwdriver.  

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm off for some tea.

If I'm gone a while it might be because I have chosen to take the Monk approach to making the best use of the tools I have available by trying to open a tin of tomatoes with a screwdriver.  

Monk wouldn't even have a screwdriver OR a tin of tomatoes

Just some dust and an old toenail that was found on the bathroom floor in an old man's house

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesn't mean you replace them with sunday league players mate

You weren't saying that a couple of weeks ago. They were all fantastic hungry players who Monk had convinced to come to the club through force of his reputation and vision.

Of course now Monk has confirmed he doesn't intetify the targets, you have conveniently decided they are all Sunday league players.

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The season hasn't finished yet mate

Not bothered, current form not good enough, performances are rubbish, no style of play, players not good enough, players not improved under the manager, sick of Monk just want him gone.

League one beckons!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's said repeatedly that he isn't responsible for finding the players to bring to the club

We had to reduce the wage bill immediately or we'd have got another punishment for FFP - that's not  Monk's fault either

In your opinion does he walk on water and can he turn water into wine Neil . Is he any good with fish and loafs as it would seem you think he is the 2nd coming. In reality his name is more likely to be Brian......

58 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Not bothered, current form not good enough, performances are rubbish, no style of play, players not good enough, players not improved under the manager, sick of Monk just want him gone.

League one beckons!

We're currently mid-table if you take away the -12 points deduction that Chansiri (and Carlos) got us into 

Owlstalk Shop