Garry Monk Comparison Stats @ Hillsborough

On 26/10/2020 at 16:45, Emilianenko said:

Can we stop judging him on last seasons post Christmas form. Also forget our home form and the away defeats. Forget that he has the worst home record in our history. The man is doing a great job now he has his own back room staff and his own players.

I agree lets not judge him on anything and support him year on year until he guides us to the promised land of the Conference league.

• Haha 2

I appreciate that Monk isn't everyones cup of tea right now..

BUT

(not abdicating the abject performances and other clueless tactical stuff)

BUT

This is indicative of what battle we are in at the minute

Monk did similar at Birmingham (I'm like a broken record with this!) but its turd football. It won't be pretty. We'll have a lot of shyte results along the way. It will be calamitous at times with questionable subs and horrid negative tactics ...

BUT

We'll limp over the line I reckon ... Monk will get us there but it won't be pretty not one bit

AFTER THAT

Is he the man to carry on the mantle? Probably not

But then is DC ...

Christ. What a sorry state

On 26/10/2020 at 16:08, hirstyboywonder said:

Super Garry Monk.

Don't judge him in comparison with other managers, its not fair.

Judge him on how he thought the squad that he helped to get to 3rd place at Christmas were wasters so he started to dissemble that team

Judge him on how that decision to break up that team worked out for him

Judge him on how he has signed young hungry players now and how they will get us better results than the expensive wasters.

Judge him on the merits and results of playing left sided players on the right and right sided players on the left

Judge him on the impact of playing 3 at centre-back with only 2 centre-backs in the squad he picked

Judge him on how well playing an attacking wing-back at CB ahead of other options is working out.

Judge him on how moving to 3 at the back post lockdown has impacted on our results and performances

Judge him on why we have less shots on target this season than all teams in the division except the mighty Rotherham and Wycombe.

Judge him on why we are continually playing long ball to no target man

Judge him on how he and his new coaching team have turned around the form of Jordan Rhodes

But don't judge him against others like Jos Luhukay who made 1 signing as we were in a tranfer embargo during much of his time as its just not fair.

Yes but he has discovered that Reach is a centre forward. That is pioneering.

• Haha 1