Garry Monk Comparison Stats @ Hillsborough

This is a very subjective point, but I’ll make it anyway, we can accept that stats can be interpreted differently to suit purpose, what is truly galling is the lack of pride, passion and inspiration which comes from this bloke. It’s just dull, boring excuses in interviews...I just can’t see him delivering any half time rousing “call to arms” kind of speeches, or being taken notice of by the players. He’s greyer than John Major’s spitting image puppet ...the fans are not inspired by him so how must the players feel?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?
Point me to one single time where I've said I think he can turn it round

I didn’t say you had. I said you defend him. I asked why you think he can turn around. Or don’t you think he can?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

This is a very subjective point, but I’ll make it anyway, we can accept that stats can be interpreted differently to suit purpose, what is truly galling is the lack of pride, passion and inspiration which comes from this bloke. It’s just dull, boring excuses in interviews...I just can’t see him delivering any half time rousing “call to arms” kind of speeches, or being taken notice of by the players. He’s greyer than John Major’s spitting image puppet ...the fans are not inspired by him so how must the players feel?

Another fan calling for managers to come roller skating into press conferences doing jazz hands

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Depends when he leaves and what is happening at the time

So why wouldn't you say the same about the squad? You're certain they'll be looked back on as worse than 02/03.

Monk lucked into a formation (due to who was available) against Birmingham that actually worked very well, and in the next 2 games he hasn't tried that same setup once, and we have lost the midfield battle horrendously the past 2 games, he hasn't done anything to try and fix it, he has no ideas.

His plan A isn't very good in the first place and his ability to make tactical changes and positively affect games is non existent.

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Manager comparisons are (and always have been) ridiculous

Not the same players, division, spending power, opposition, coaches etc etc

If you were ever going to compare stats of something that should never be compared  it's managerial statistics

It's a farce and anyone looking at them thinking it tells you anything at all is naive beyond belief

It’s not though is it. There are managers on that list who I’d argue have had harder circumstances to work under Monk.

Its literally the only objective way to measure how well a manager is performing. 

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not though is it. There are managers on that list who I’d argue have had harder circumstances to work under Monk.

Its literally the only objective way to measure how well a manager is performing. 

EH???

No it isn't?

It doesn't measure anything at all!??

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

So why wouldn't you say the same about the squad? You're certain they'll be looked back on as worse than 02/03.  

They will

We've become numb to it all as we're so close to it

But look at our squad, look at the player values, the performances, the results

My prediction (and I'm never wrong - I must point that out) is that this squad will really be looked back on as one of the most tragic, ill equipped squads in our lifetime

Owlstalk Shop

But how?

By being able to say things in an interview after a poor showing (eg Saturday) which indicate that he intends to do something about it during the following week’s training/ match preparation. For example on Saturday evening he was quick to blame the sending off of Van Aken for the defeat as their goal quickly followed that event. What did he actually do to try and salvage a point from the game? His whole managerial style is beginning to smack of desperation to me.

• Thanks 1

They will

We've become numb to it all as we're so close to it

But look at our squad, look at the player values, the performances, the results

My prediction (and I'm never wrong - I must point that out) is that this squad will really be looked back on as one of the most tragic, ill equipped squads in our lifetime

Erm???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Erm???

And in this thread I even said I’d get Carlos tattooed on my forehead if he got us promoted. 

So please people trust my opinion when it comes to Wednesday managers. I know when they need to move on. Monk hasn’t a chance of turning it round here. FACT.