How long realistically has Monk got left??

I could see us winning our next two as bizarre as that sounds because away from home his style of play is more effective. You knock it long, there’s more chance of it coming off if the opposition are more committed to attack which they are at home as there are more gaps to exploit.

At S6 sides sit off and therefore leave it to us to break them down which we can’t because the way we set up doesn’t give us that chance and as a result there’s more chance of us being sucker punched which we invariably are.

As I’ve said before Monk’s a one trick pony. It f***ing astonishes me when he constantly references Brendan Rodgers as a big influence as I’ve never seen his sides as one dimensional and predictable. FFS Monk himself played in Rodgers’ free flowing Swansea side.

When fans are allowed back in, there won’t be many returning back to Hillsborough for obvious reasons. We need a personality or at least someone who knows the club. People will scoff at Megson but this looks exactly like the time when he inherited the clusterf**k from Irvine. Disinterested clueless players who are particularly afraid of playing at Home. I’m not saying bring him back but we need someone who’s big enough and brave enough to embrace this job and first stop the rot then push it forward again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, sexpistol said:

We will probably win our next two games and a few on here will get a bit giddy, sone even stating we are only x points from the play offs. We will then probably lose and it will be the end of the world again.

For the record I’m not a big fan of Monk.

And the reason for that is how Monk sets us up to play. It suits us away from home much more than it does at home. We're much stronger and more suited to playing away from home.

It's Monk's ultra defensive style and our home form that is nullifying us and ultimately what will send us down, with or without a points deduction.

Our away form alone, won't be enough to save us. We need wins at home and goals and the way we're set up, we look like not getting many at all. Monk should get the boot for our home form, has our home form unless we start winning at home will be our undoing this season.

We can't afford to have such a wretched record in our predicament. The longer we leave it and the longer our winless home record continues, the more chance we have of going down and the less chance we have of climbing the table and getting out of the bottom 3. 

20 hours ago, Plonk said:

If we lose the next two. And I can’t see anything else after yesterday’s inept showing then surely his time is up. I’ve been vociferous about monk and said I would hold my water until after Wycombe. He’s got two games to save himself. 

Wycombe will not beat us,but it would be disasterous if we drew...Luton was one match,and recoverable,playing people regularly out of position,and insisting on playing Odubajo,VA,PP, where others are available,is the bigger worry..Dawson too just too fallible for me....

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

Wycombe will not beat us,but it would be disasterous if we drew...Luton was one match,and recoverable,playing people regularly out of position,and insisting on playing Odubajo,VA,PP, where others are available,is the bigger worry..Dawson too just too fallible for me....

But he keeps on doing it! And he keeps on with the same tactics that aren’t working and the same totally ineffective use of subs. 

Those saying he's got the next two games to save himself, do they realise they're both away from home fixtures? Our away form isn't the concern. The biggest concern is our home form, and our lack of attacking threat and lack of goals, especially at home. It's the home form that needs to improve drastically if we're going to stay up. 

• Like 1

We have see how Chansiri doesn't give a damn about not playing a player out of spite. 

I'm sure he'd be stubborn enough to do the same to the fans. He obviously doesn't like to be told he is wrong  

Silver spoon in gob and can't take criticism. 

He could give monk another five year contract lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gurujuan said:

He cannot be trusted with another window that’s for sure

The window will consist of no attempt to get players at least out on loan. No players will come in until the final day when we have to cover the full £30,000-40,000 of their wages. But it will take us 2 months to get them fit.

I heard at the weekend we were looking at the three agent market, why bother, we could have been looking at this market in June, got them fit and ready for the season. Now any player coming in will either be month to be fit or get injured.

I do have to say though I am past caring and won't to wasting any more of my money until we get someone competent in charge of the team.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The window will consist of no attempt to get players at least out on loan. No players will come in until the final day when we have to cover the full £30,000-40,000 of their wages. But it will take us 2 months to get them fit.

I heard at the weekend we were looking at the three agent market, why bother, we could have been looking at this market in June, got them fit and ready for the season. Now any player coming in will either be month to be fit or get injured.

I do have to say though I am past caring and won't to wasting any more of my money until we get someone competent in charge of the team.

Yes there are plenty I reckon who feel like that. Were we not locked out, I dread to think what our gates would be. I think some would be shocked at how many have been driven away. 
What I meant by not letting him have another window is purely damage limitation. The summer window started with good intentions, some of our early “supposed” targets were interesting, and even the signing of Brown and FDB, looked astute, for different reasons. Then it all started to go down hill, I still can’t believe we paid fees for Windass and Paterson, as we abandoned the search for quality, and looked to assemble a team of cloggers. What would any incoming footballing manager do with some of these Monk signings? At the moment, any decent manager could form a competent back four, and a very good midfield, out of the players we have, but would have plenty of work to do up front. 

I think if we don't win either of the next two, I'll be amazed if there is a Sheffield Wednesday fan out there that will Monk to stay.

Having said that dont think chairman will get rid of him.

I get the sense that without fans in the stadium and no fan meetings taking place I honestly don't think the chairman has a clue about how the fans feel on this!

8 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Gone by the end of the week, our magical journey with Paul Cook then begins. 

Could would be an outstanding appointment, but would he have the stomach for another relegation scrap, with a points deduction involved? Maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes there are plenty I reckon who feel like that. Were we not locked out, I dread to think what our gates would be. I think some would be shocked at how many have been driven away. 
What I meant by not letting him have another window is purely damage limitation. The summer window started with good intentions, some of our early “supposed” targets were interesting, and even the signing of Brown and FDB, looked astute, for different reasons. Then it all started to go down hill, I still can’t believe we paid fees for Windass and Paterson, as we abandoned the search for quality, and looked to assemble a team of cloggers. What would any incoming footballing manager do with some of these Monk signings? At the moment, any decent manager could form a competent back four, and a very good midfield, out of the players we have, but would have plenty of work to do up front. 

Indeed but even with the squad we have we would have more points if we did something unthinkable under the Monk management tenure.

Play players in the best position no square pegs in round holes and play a formation and style of football that works best with the players you have.

Then the most important one don't drop players who are playing well who have one off game, but worse then continue to play other who on the whole have been crap for months. 

57 minutes ago, Owls1992 said:

I think he will still be here at the end of the season even if we go down. Without fans DC has no fan pressure. 

I think the only reason he is still manager is because DC does not have any money. 

He has been using Financial fair play has an excuse for years then - he even told the fans a few years back we pay for nothing. Then fans are not in the stands and has to take out loans to pay for this. This is not the actions are a multi millionaire.

I don't think he has the money to sack Monk, his staff and then replace him with someone who is going to want money to sort out the problem of no goals in the team.

Just now, room0035 said:

Indeed but even with the squad we have we would have more points if we did something unthinkable under the Monk management tenure.

Play players in the best position no square pegs in round holes and play a formation and style of football that works best with the players you have.

Then the most important one don't drop players who are playing well who have one off game, but worse then continue to play other who on the whole have been crap for months. 

Couldn’t agree more. Following those first three signings, if everyone was fit, we could have made a decent back four, and an excellent midfield. Yes, another left back would have been useful, but I’d have been happy to start with Palmer, Iorfa, Dunkley and Penney. Midfield, Luongo, Brown and Bannan, excellent. Just needed to address things up front, but that’s where it’s all gone wrong. We needed to sign a decent number 9, then we could have had the option of flanking him with Reach and Harris, or just use one of them, and bring in a young Premier League loanee with a bit of pace. Less to do, and a lot less upheaval with playing too many players out of position. Monk has shot himself in the foot here

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Couldn’t agree more. Following those first three signings, if everyone was fit, we could have made a decent back four, and an excellent midfield. Yes, another left back would have been useful, but I’d have been happy to start with Palmer, Iorfa, Dunkley and Penney. Midfield, Luongo, Brown and Bannan, excellent. Just needed to address things up front, but that’s where it’s all gone wrong. We needed to sign a decent number 9, then we could have had the option of flanking him with Reach and Harris, or just use one of them, and bring in a young Premier League loanee with a bit of pace. Less to do, and a lot less upheaval with playing too many players out of position. Monk has shot himself in the foot here

The squad available for Luton we should have gone 4-4-2

Dawson or Wildsmith

Penney, Borner, Flint, Palmer

Reach, Bannan, Paterson, Kachunga

Marriott, Rhodes

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A very good midfield ?? 10 games a season maybe.Brown and Luongo are injured 50% of the time. Take them out and we are threadbare. 

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

A very good midfield ?? 10 games a season maybe.Brown and Luongo are injured 50% of the time. Take them out and we are threadbare. 

Yes, that’s why I agree with others that we need experienced back up, but if we can get those three on the field, it’s better than most in this division, if used correctly

We could chop and change managers forever and a day but until there are some drastic changes at the top a good man in the dugout will be hard to attract to the club and anyone who does come in will be hamstrung by the ineptitude that prevails, we probably need to plan for L1 and hopefully build from there.

• Like 1