How long realistically has Monk got left??

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yes, that’s why I agree with others that we need experienced back up, but if we can get those three on the field, it’s better than most in this division, if used correctly

As ive put in other threads who can we attract? We can't afford top wages , have a season long relegation fight ahead and the atmosphere surrounding the club is toxic. If and when crowds come back a two thirds empty Hillsborough with the crowd baying for blood , be it the managers or players is hardly what most will be up for.

13 hours ago, Jim said:

I could see us winning our next two as bizarre as that sounds because away from home his style of play is more effective. You knock it long, there’s more chance of it coming off if the opposition are more committed to attack which they are at home as there are more gaps to exploit.

At S6 sides sit off and therefore leave it to us to break them down which we can’t because the way we set up doesn’t give us that chance and as a result there’s more chance of us being sucker punched which we invariably are.

As I’ve said before Monk’s a one trick pony. It f***ing astonishes me when he constantly references Brendan Rodgers as a big influence as I’ve never seen his sides as one dimensional and predictable. FFS Monk himself played in Rodgers’ free flowing Swansea side.

When fans are allowed back in, there won’t be many returning back to Hillsborough for obvious reasons. We need a personality or at least someone who knows the club. People will scoff at Megson but this looks exactly like the time when he inherited the clusterf**k from Irvine. Disinterested clueless players who are particularly afraid of playing at Home. I’m not saying bring him back but we need someone who’s big enough and brave enough to embrace this job and first stop the rot then push it forward again.

Of course, the nightmare scenario is that we scrape a couple of 1-0 wins whilst hanging on for Grim Death against the two worst teams (except for us) in the Championship.

Do we then stick and hope we can scrape 1-0 wins every week or do we twist and look elsewhere?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gurujuan said:

To avoid the drop, well based on last season anyway, we’ll likely need the equivalent of a top half finish. We won’t achieve that by just being able to scrap

You miss the point , when I say scrap , I mean we have to really dig in and grind out results. Lets face the lot we let go had no bottle.

We do not have the quality we would like but we demand and expect 100% commitment to the cause , which has been sadly lacking for a few 

seasons.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

As ive put in other threads who can we attract? We can't afford top wages , have a season long relegation fight ahead and the atmosphere surrounding the club is toxic. If and when crowds come back a two thirds empty Hillsborough with the crowd baying for blood , be it the managers or players is hardly what most will be up for.

Not sure how you judge toxicity surrounding the club but since when did our crowd bay for blood ?

We trudge down, sing one line of a naff song , sit in silence as it goes belly up yet again , mump at the odd player then trudge back home before the final whistle.

Personally I think what we have is worse than "toxic" its apathy 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

You miss the point , when I say scrap , I mean we have to really dig in and grind out results. Lets face the lot we let go had no bottle.

We do not have the quality we would like but we demand and expect 100% commitment to the cause , which has been sadly lacking for a few 

seasons.

This mob aren't up to the job either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, the monk said:

Not sure how you judge toxicity surrounding the club but since when did our crowd bay for blood ?

We trudge down, sing one line of a naff song , sit in silence as it goes belly up yet again , mump at the odd player then trudge back home before the final whistle.

You not been on the kop and heard the booing. Over the years heard quite a few managers and players berated constantly.Even some booed onto the park. Lately fans fighting amongst themselves in the seats, if thats not toxic what is. I get were your at with the apathy as the crowd often sit there in silence these days as opposed to not so distant games such as Brighton and Hull at Wembley. The negativity at the moment would rise quick enough at home games if were not playing well im sure. 

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 09:30, theowlsman said:

Past caring now tbh.

The club is run like The Dog and Duck or The Red Lion.

The Dog and Duck and The Red Lion are both very well run.  

And their managers are proper managers who do the basics of their job correctly.

They know that placing square pegs in round holes means the beer will go flat ! 

• Haha 1

On 25/10/2020 at 08:34, A47Owl said:

I said in another thread. DC must have somebody ready immediately before he sacks Monk. Otherwise we will be even more of a rudderless ship. Up the creek without a paddle. 

DC -  "Hello is that Doyen Sports?"

"Anyone on your books with the word "manager" on his CV?"

"Suitability for the job? No, anything will do!" 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Apathy has ruled at SWFC for years, even when we lose the excuses flow like water,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

You not been on the kop and heard the booing. Over the years heard quite a few managers and players berated constantly.Even some booed onto the park. Lately fans fighting amongst themselves in the seats, if thats not toxic what is. I get were your at with the apathy as the crowd often sit there in silence these days as opposed to not so distant games such as Brighton and Hull at Wembley. The negativity at the moment would rise quick enough at home games if were not playing well im sure. 

Fans fighting in the seats lately?

Can be nasty those cardboard cut outs when things aren't going well 

• Haha 2

Just now, the monk said:

Fans fighting in the seats lately?

Can be nasty those cardboard cut outs when things aren't going well 

On a serious note do people think our fans would have been scrapping amongst themselves at the moment at games if they were allowed back as normal?

I think so - I think it's nailed on

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On a serious note do people think our fans would have been scrapping amongst themselves at the moment at games if they were allowed back as normal?

I think so - I think it's nailed on

No, just a lot of chants of you're not fit to wear the shirt and we want Monk out.

Never anger where it should be directed though, which is at the owner.

• Like 1

Realistically speaking, he's got until mid December to turn this around as that is usually how long it takes the chairman to realize what every man and his dog could see months ago. We'll thank him for his service in a club statement on the website and part amicably. Bullen will then take over for a couple of weeks - we'll win a couple before collapsing around boxing day and then appoint the next unknown journeyman until the end of the season who will achieve safety with about 2 weeks to go as it turns out the squad isn't actually half as bad as Monk is making it look and the bottom half of this league is utter gash.  If he's foreign he'll probably realize Penny is quality and give him plenty of opportunity before we end up loosing him for nothing during our annual transfer embargo. We'll start the next season poorly after a crap pre-season missing half the squad due to lack of match fitness which leads to another poor start, plenty of injuries and we'll start the cycle all over again.