How long realistically has Monk got left??

Monk has just signed half a dozen players and has finally been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff.

Unless Chansiri has had a complete personality re-build in recent months, Monk is going nowhere for the foreseeable.

• Like 4

If we lose the next two. And I can’t see anything else after yesterday’s inept showing then surely his time is up. I’ve been vociferous about monk and said I would hold my water until after Wycombe. He’s got two games to save himself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

If we don’t win the next two games then he’s clearly not the man to take us forward.

If he would just "Save" before each game, and if it is a loss then he can always "Reload".....It always works for me in Football Manager.

This time last week I was having to point out to several posters that its unlikely we're going to reach the playoffs!

:duntmatter:

I've always thought that as long as we're roughly on track to average around 1.4 points per game, then we should remain calm and stick to our course.

Of course, this early in the season, each game causes such a swing in the average points tally that it remains too blunt an instrument to really judge against.

For example, after the Bristol City game it stood at 1.25ppg; then jumped to 1.6ppg when we beat Birmingham; now it's at 1.14.

However, after 10 games the table starts to take shape, and any major deviation from our required average points per game starts to become harder to claw back.

For me, given the way last season panned out, it would be fair to assess how things look at that point and consider a change if things are going badly.

In terms of how potential results would affect our points per game tally by the ten game mark, it looks like this:

0 points from the next 3 games = 0.8ppg

1 = 0.9ppg

2 = 1ppg

3 = 1.1ppg

4 = 1.2ppg

5 = 1.3ppg

6 = 1.4ppg

7 = 1.5ppg

9 = 1.7ppg

Anything less than 4 points from these next three matches would leave us playing catch-up with a decent chunk of the season already played and needing to string a couple of wins together in order to get back on track.

Yes, we have injuries to key players and we have to take that into account, but we're probably going to have to cope with issues like this for much of the season, so I'd be looking at 4 points from the next 3 games as the absolute minimum we'll need in order to consider ourselves in with a reasonable shout of staying up. Arguably we should be looking for at least 6 points when you factor in the fact that we'll have played both Rotherham and Wycombe by that point.

Anything less, and we'd seriously have to consider a change due to the fact that the current status quo wouldn't be working after more than a fifth of the season, in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Because there are no signs that he is getting it right, I’m afraid anymore time is wasted time. It isn’t just about the results, it’s about the legacy he will leave. He is creating a squad that, with each passing transaction, leaves us less scope to get a footballing manager in His insistence that the development squads adopt the same attritional style as he has the first team playing was the final straw for me, he needs to go right now

• Like 1

If I actually thought Chansiri was a competent owner I'd think that with the recruitment this year he was setting things up expecting relegation and putting a unit together now and over the next couple of transfer windows to be at least competitive in L1. And with some key signings once we go down, he'd bolster the squad further to replace the handful of players that would leave, and shape that into a real promotion challenge.

Note, I highlighted competent, there. I think all the above is complete rubbish - Chansiri simply doesn't know what he's doing. Monk isn't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Monk has just signed half a dozen players and has finally been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff.

Unless Chansiri has had a complete personality re-build in recent months, Monk is going nowhere for the foreseeable.

Exactly, DC invested in Monk so he will be here until a point we are in real danger of relegation. 

Christmas likely to be the earliest point by which DC may panic I expect, depending on results.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Exactly, DC invested in Monk so he will be here until a point we are in real danger of relegation. 

Christmas likely to be the earliest point by which DC may panic I expect, depending on results.

He cannot be trusted with another window that’s for sure

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

Can't see it, but if we lose the next two, then his position will be in great danger.  I believe we shall win enough games, especially away to keep him hanging on.

He had my backing but yesterday I saw a team in complete disarray and his tactics are mind numbing.

5 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

If we don’t win the next two games then he’s clearly not the man to take us forward.

Win or draw our next two games, yet still persist with our horrific winless home form, and he'll still not be the man to take us forward. It's our home form that's killing us. It's the form that he should be axed for alone, without even factoring in all the other deficiencies.