Brentford bid for Bannan

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

How many times have we made the mistake of letting players contracts run out and see them walk away for nothing? If we can get a decent amount for a 30 year old who is out of contract at the end of the season we need to take the money. 

We need to start learning from our mistakes 

Only creativity in the side,if he went..well could be a disaster imo

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Prince said:

Let him go if the offer is substantial and we can look for an attacking Midfielder who plays in the oppositions half and not ours.

Do you trust Monk to bring in such a player, never mind that we will only have 2 days to find someone.

30 minutes ago, Prince said:

We need the cash and he will walk for free in the summer.

Not if we get him to sign a new deal before then.

As much as we love Bazza and he does add something to the team I would be tempted to take a decent offer for him.

The last couple of years he's had to adapt his game, going from a fantastic forward thinking midfielder to a slightly negative back pass, square ball player.

No fault of his own,  he's now too good to be effective in our current team, playing in CC's team he was dynamic and played some quality forward passes to players who would make the runs for him to pick out, he still has this ability but unfortunately he's now playing with inferior players, so he's less effective.

What would be a good offer for him ? Contract is up in the summer of next year so I'm thinking £1.5million - £2million would be decent.

Edited by paddyowl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I also wonder why Brentford would wait until 14th October to make a play for him, 2 days before deadline. Bizarre.

Its an excellent tactic if you ask me, doesn't give him much chance to think about it so he looks at their position then looks at ours, if the money is the same or near enough with a longer contract it must be tempting and there is a good  chance of promotion and even playing in the Premier.  He might think that this will be his last big chance to make hay.

He can also barge into DCs office and demand a wage rise or he's off.  Brentford will be happy that they either get the player or that they have at least unsettled him.

No doubt they will have other targets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think this is going to happen.

They have sold Watkins for around £30m and Benrahma will be signing for West Ham in the next few days for something similar. 

We could pull around £5m here for a player with less than 12 months on his deal. 

We don’t want to get to next summer where he walks for free and we are all sat here saying we should have took money now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

As much as we love Bazza and he does add something to the team I would be tempted to take a decent offer for him.

The last couple of years he's had to adapt his game, going from a fantastic forward thinking midfielder to a slightly negative back pass, square ball player.

No fault of his own,  he's now too good to be effective in our current team, playing in CC's team he was dynamic and played some quality forward passes to players who would make the runs for him to pick out, he still has this ability but unfortunately he's now playing with inferior players, so he's less effective.

What would be a good offer for him ? Contract is up in the summer of next year so I'm thinking £1.5million - £2million would be decent.

Under normal circumstances I'd  be inclined to agree, but we are hardly brimming with creativity, Brown is going to miss games throughout the season,  young players to bed in and with points still to make up, this season I think Bannan's value is way more than what anyone is likely to offer at the moment.

35 minutes ago, deano said:

Come to think of it, has Monk made one decent signing yet? A few ok ones but it's all a bit meh.

If we were dealing in a higher price bracket, we might get better players, but we're not, so let's hope there are one or two with something to prove, who're up for a fight to stay in this division.  We'll find out soon enough...

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby

Sell for me, if decent wedge and he wants to go.

Apart from revitalising squad,  it's all about pressing , running and speed now and that aint his game.

Why Rhodes binned.

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

When is deadline day?

5pm Friday.

Brentford won’t pay more than the probable £1million his remaining year is worth.

Regardless of how much they’ve had through the door, they’re the last club that’s going to be held to ransom.

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 1