Brentford bid for Bannan

What if the player wants the move?

He’s spoken of his admiration for Brentford’s style. 

He’s 30 and will likely get a very good deal that we probably can’t offer anymore. 

It’s a chance of playing in the PL next season as opposed to possibly playing in L1. 

Don’t be shocked if Bannan wants this move. 

• Like 5

I can see this being his last season with us anyway, but right now we need him.

From Bannan's perspective though, I'd be surprised if he wouldn't be interested in such a move. At his age, and with us right now only likely to leave the division via relegation rather than promotion, a move to a club that'll give it another good go this season might well represent to him his final chance to be a Premiership player.

*edit—or, I basically agree with the post above.

Edited by cowl

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

It's called negotiating, you don't drop yer knickers at the first fiver that gets wavey/d at ya!

You’ve never been in Belfast in a night out, have you?

Take Bannan out of our side who else gets the assists that he does? Brown might do but he hasn’t got the best injury record has he? For me he has to stay cus we won’t be able to replace him in 2 days and will be isolated at the bottom of the league come next window? Let him leave end of season after hopefully keeping us in this league that would be my option? Unfortunately like someone said he in last yr of his contract openly confirmed his admiration of Brentford and how he’d love to play for them? Add in her get a pay rise and his last chance to go back up who’d blame him if he forced it through? He doesn’t come across that type but having watched all our better players leave one by one i wouldn’t be surprised 

If I was Bannan I'd be banging on the managers door for that move, hes not getting any younger and if he still has ambitions of a crack at the premier league then he needs to move.

Problem is we need him, a great little player, and Monks signings have pretty much all been disappointing so far. 

For that reason we should turn the offer down, even if he is to leave for nothing. 

6 minutes ago, deano said:

If I was Bannan I'd be banging on the managers door for that move, hes not getting any younger and if he still has ambitions of a crack at the premier league then he needs to move.

Problem is we need him, a great little player, and Monks signings have pretty much all been disappointing so far. 

For that reason we should turn the offer down, even if he is to leave for nothing. 

We have turned the offer down. 

42 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Its an excellent tactic if you ask me, doesn't give him much chance to think about it so he looks at their position then looks at ours, if the money is the same or near enough with a longer contract it must be tempting and there is a good  chance of promotion and even playing in the Premier.  He might think that this will be his last big chance to make hay.

He can also barge into DCs office and demand a wage rise or he's off.  Brentford will be happy that they either get the player or that they have at least unsettled him.

No doubt they will have other targets.

Not if he has to fly to Thailand he can't..he'd have to isolate for 14 days 🤣

Has everyone just decided now that our best players over the last 4/5 years are now bobbins?

Westwood - Bobbins get sold

Lees -Bobbins get sold 

Bannon - Bobbins get Sold 

Reach - Bobbins get sold 

If a player as 2 good seasons and 1 bad season does that make him a good player or a bad one?