Brentford bid for Bannan

23 minutes ago, Prince said:

Let him go if the offer is substantial and we can look for an attacking Midfielder who plays in the oppositions half and not ours.

We need the cash and he will walk for free in the summer.

Agree with this, we could even use Windass in that role. Someone who’s prepared to run beyond the strikers and not leave them so isolated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 0114 said:

One year left on his contract. I’d sell for the right price with a good replacement. 

I don’t think he’s fits in a Garry Monk team. Imagine he would be interested in signing for Brentford, they’d suit him into the ground. 

I'd rather get shut of Monk and keep Bannan. It's a no brainer. 

• Like 7

Wouldn't be the end of the world imo if we got decent money for him. 

Another one that's best years are behind and without Fletcher to ping it to doesnt really seem to fit in. 

That said if monks signings so far are anything to go by I wouldnt trust him with bringing a replacement In. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I also wonder why Brentford would wait until 14th October to make a play for him, 2 days before deadline. Bizarre.

They're one/two days from potentially losing Benrahma for about £25m+ to either Palace or West Ham. They're also quids in after getting £28m for Watkins this summer.

Lowball £1m offer for Bannan makes total sense, he'd do incredibly well there.

• Like 2

Just now, NeonLeon said:

It would also cost us more to replace him. So even financially it’s not a good move.

If we’re in a good position in Jan, and Brentford are in the top 6 I’d happily let him go for 500k as a thank you for his time here. 

Realistically, bar a minor miracle, we’ll be trying to replace him next summer anyway. 

What constitutes a good position in Jan.? Last year we were third at Xmas and were diabolical after that even with Bannan, Fletcher, Fox and the rest. I suspect Hull thought in this way when they were mid table in Jan. sold their best two players and promptly got relegated. 

• Like 1