Brentford bid for Bannan

2 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

You keep saying we have no chance of signing people, yet you have no idea whatsoever regarding this - it is your opinion, not fact. 

Murphy possibly could come back, again, you stating not, is your opinion, no evidence to back your claim.

Nobody has EVER said the plan was to sell Bannan (bar you), we received an offer and some of us think we should have accepted it. The club may think otherwise.

There is always the possibility to sign better than Bannan, our problem is being able to spend to get them - so yes, there is good players available as everyone has their price. Pay the money, get the player. We could possibly loan PL youngsters or fringe squad players that could play CM, so yes there are options.

Right, I never said we couldn't sign anyone at all.

What I said was, the plan as far as Monk is concerned is clearly not to sell Bannan, you seemingly agree this is the case.

Given our weaknesses in other areas I seriously doubt we have been looking in any great detail to approach anyone to replace Bannan. So, when a club makes an apparent move for Bannan 2 days before the window closes, the likelihood of us finding an adequate replacement in that timescale who is willing to come to us now I would say is pretty low. 

8 hours ago, hugeowl said:

So just the one then ?

I didn't realise that you wanted a list. 

I just mentioned one player that is better than Bannan at his position as an answer to your question - you now want more - will it only stop once I don't name one then you can say "ah ha see I was right"?

The question you have asked also brings into question a lot of variables such as peoples opinion. 

I actually don't mind Bannan (I think he is a good player). Iorfa is the better player and has all the attributes going for him to be even better, Bannan is coming to the end of his career.

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Right, I never said we couldn't sign anyone at all.

What I said was, the plan as far as Monk is concerned is clearly not to sell Bannan, you seemingly agree this is the case.

Given our weaknesses in other areas I seriously doubt we have been looking in any great detail to approach anyone to replace Bannan. So, when a club makes an apparent move for Bannan 2 days before the window closes, the likelihood of us finding an adequate replacement in that timescale who is willing to come to us now I would say is pretty low. 

The point wasnt "Whether Monk wanted to sell Bannan" it was on peoples opinion whether we should sell Bannan - your opinion - no, my opinion - yes. In the grand scheme of things its irrelevant as the club will make 'its' decision and we will see over time if the decision was correct.

I do think (hope) that the club will be looking at new players for ALL positions, as we NEED to get better in ALL positions, if the club are not constantly monitoring the market for better players then there is no wonder we are in the position we are in. So in answer to your question - I HOPE that the club do have midfield targets in their plans, because if we think we are the finished article, then there will be a lot of continuously disappointed fans out there.

11 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Iorfa is better at his position then Bannan is at his.

Iorfa is no way the finished player, he is still learning the game and still prone to errors  His pace is his greatest asset but he is still naive in his positional sense at times.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Iorfa is no way the finished player, he is still learning the game and still prone to errors  His pace is his greatest asset but he is still naive in his positional sense at times.

Exactly, he also has youth on his side to get better. He is (in my opinion) our best player and most saleable asset that we must retain (unless a silly offer comes in).

42 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I didn't realise that you wanted a list. 

I just mentioned one player that is better than Bannan at his position as an answer to your question - you now want more - will it only stop once I don't name one then you can say "ah ha see I was right"?

The question you have asked also brings into question a lot of variables such as peoples opinion. 

I actually don't mind Bannan (I think he is a good player). Iorfa is the better player and has all the attributes going for him to be even better, Bannan is coming to the end of his career.

No don’t want a list but Iorfa being better is just your opinion . 

my opinion is that Bannan is the best player we have And that the only player to run him close At the moment  is possibly Iorfa . 
what reason do we have to think that getting rid of Bannan is a good thing with only hours to go to try and replace him .

Its madness and possibly condemning us to relegation 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No don’t want a list but Iorfa being better is just your opinion . 

my opinion is that Bannan is the best player we have And that the only player to run him close At the moment  is possibly Iorfa . 
what reason do we have to think that getting rid of Bannan is a good thing with only hours to go to try and replace him .

Its madness and possibly condemning us to relegation 

Bannan being better is your opinion.

Age is against him, and we are in a bit of a mire with finances (not DC as a person, but as a club). I don't see Bannan getting any better tomorrow than he is today - whereas Iorfa (for example - not same position but I'm sure you know what I mean) will get better as age is on their side, as will others like Bashiru, Brown, Hunt, Waldock. I like Bannan as a player - I do think he is over hyped though TBH.

I also, don't see how selling one player would condemn us to relegation? Bannan is not solely carrying this team - to think that is madness. Team game.

People keep saying with only hours left there is nobody to replace him - but how do these people know unless you work for the club?

Nobody has any idea of the players or clubs that we are talking with regarding transfers, other than what the media inform us of (and that is potentially out of date and not real time). Hence the Marriott transfer came from nowhere, whereas Zohore has been mentioned for ages. None have materialised yet, therefore I do expect a few left field surprises on deadline day (maybe not us unfortunately) as the deals are there to be had.

PL clubs will be willing to let more loans go as they will have decided upon their squads for the coming season now - I hope that the club is scouring the WHOLE football league for better players to bring in, because if the club think we are the finished article then we are doomed.