Brentford bid for Bannan

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

How many times have we made the mistake of letting players contracts run out and see them walk away for nothing? If we can get a decent amount for a 30 year old who is out of contract at the end of the season we need to take the money. 

We need to start learning from our mistakes 

Its  unsettling to receive such for a Player & captain,we could have done without it....that being said,I myself think Bannan doesn't fit into the more direct style monk wants,& if he did go we would cope.(we did when he was in injured)

that being said i dont think we should sell any players unless,and until we are mathematically safe.

Would be a false economy,relegation cost v losing a player on a free  ...... no brainer to not sell..

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Clubs tend not to bid for players unless they get the nod from the player that he’s interested. 

Bannan said so much himself. He said he’s be more suited to a side like Brentford. If that’s not a come and get me plea I don’t know what is.

And to be honest I don’t blame him. He deserves better than playing for a club on -8 with the tactics the manager serves up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Its  unsettling to receive such for a Player & captain,we could have done without it....that being said,I myself think Bannan doesn't fit into the more direct style monk wants,& if he did go we would cope.(we did when he was in injured)

that being said i dont think we should sell any players unless,and until we are mathematically safe.

Would be a false economy,relegation cost v losing a player on a free  ...... no brainer to not sell..

I agree with your first paragraph which is why I would sell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If it's £2m you rag their arm off!!

Bannan is a good player but hes in the last year if his contract....

£3m and I'll piggy back him there myself!

We will need to replace him and to get the same quality will cost more than three million.   We have got rid of to much quality and not replaced it,  we can't afford to keep doing it.

All depends what was offered I suppose.

Its very late to find an adequate replacement now and Hunt and Fis aren’t ready to fill the gap yet.

Think we need to recognise he’ll go for nothing next season like several others. I wouldn’t like to be making that decision. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We will need to replace him and to get the same quality will cost more than three million.   We have got rid of to much quality and not replaced it,  we can't afford to keep doing it.

Make no difference, could sign Messi and Ronaldo...our experts would play em attacking full backs

• Haha 1

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

Unfortunately we need the money. We need to start rebuilding to have a strong chance of being competitive in League One should the worst happen and we end up relegated this season.

Unless we’re throwing in the towel, then that’s a fairly dodgy strategy

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah,

But never ever never makes the top tier on the cat walk.

But for a club the size of Brentford? They are punching well above their weight. More than their fans would expect. Play good attractive football every year. And scout some of the best talent in the League and sell on for huge profits. 

Incredibly sustainable and healthy way of running things. And when they do finally get promoted (which they will) what a position they will be in to build. 

• Like 4