Monk's done with Rhodes?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

What planet are YOU on?

lol

It isn’t.

it is no more important than any other.

we have the same every time we appoint a manager ‘ our most important appointment for years, we must get it right ‘ . Again , they are all pretty much the same.

we will either go up , stay up or go down this season . Same as every other season. It isn’t more or less important than any other. Harder , yes. But not more important 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It isn’t.

we have the same every time we appoint a manager ‘ our most important appointment for years, we must get it right ‘ . Again , they are all pretty much the same.

we will either go up , stay up or go down this season . Same as every other season. It isn’t more or less important than any other. Harder , yes. But not more important 

I'd say the points deduction gives added importance to getting off the season to a good start and with the impact of COVID on the lower leagues this could be a worse time to get rlegated to the 3rd division than previous seasons would have been.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have a -12 points deduction

Straight into a relegation scrap

The divisions below us could just go out of business entirely 
Brand new squad still to gel
Transfer window still open in October!

To say it's not a more important season than most is just ridiculous

If the divisions below us go bust it’s the least important season ever, as we won’t be able to be relegated.

it is a harder season due to -12, but isn’t more important. Just a bizarre thing to say.

we started a season under laws with 6 defeats, did that make it more important than the previous ones or the next ones ?

3 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Rhodes is a done at this level. Monk is doing the right thing by dropping him. Impact player now from the bench...at best.

There's lots of reasons to criticise monk at the moment but dropping rhodes is not one of them

But why drop him when he played well, scored 1 in 2 and we picked up 4 points.

We've played worse in the two games since and picked up 1 point.

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It isn’t.

Ah. I get what you’re saying...I think. Are you saying it’s not our most important but rather our most difficult season in years?

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

If the divisions below us go bust it’s the least important season ever, as we won’t be able to be relegated.

it is a harder season due to -12, but isn’t more important. Just a bizarre thing to say.

we started a season under laws with 6 defeats, did that make it more important than the previous ones or the next ones ?

What if the lower leagues bubmle on until next season and then go to the wall, potentially with us in the 3rd division?

We are losing money hand over fist, if the owner decides he cant see a way of making his money back from a 3rd division club and cuts his losses, then what do we do?

We ended up on the verge of administration the last time we got relegated to the 3rd division and the chances of us being relegated this season are higher than they have been since then which makes it more of an issue.

Sad thing is we don't have anything better. Signings have never done what he has and unfortunately never will. Play him don't play him. If he doesn't like him fine but why then bring in three strikers who can't score goals either.... clueless.... thank fizz transfer deadline day is 16th for us. From over spending to peanuts. Need big signing pulled out of the hat from somewhere.....

9 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

The last time we put two wins together Jordan Rhodes started both games.

He was dropped shortly after and our season fell apart.

Is history about to repeat itself with our season falling apart after JR is dropped?

Rhodes also started the first 2 games of our final 9 games last season after lockdown - we won 1, drew 1. He then started 1 of the next 7, of which we won 1, drew 1, lost 5.

We really do need something better up top but with the lack of options we have, why does the manager keep turning away from a player who has at least contributed to his team being more effective when he plays than when we doesn't. The shape and movement of the team is much better when we have a striker who knows how to play the position than when we don't, even if he isn't scoring. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

The same people calling for him to be in the team will be the first ones complaining about him when he gets a run of games and doesn’t score.

No they won’t mate, they’ll be saying he made some nice touches and isn’t getting the service, like they have done for 4 years. They’ll probably add in Carlos ruined him too.

Rhodes is judged differently by some because of the player he used to be, and some just don’t want to admit the sad reality that the player he was no longer exists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

only striker we have got , but lets keep playing none strikers  who can't score either at least Rhodes knows what the job is about up front ,and has as much chance of the others of  nicking a goal ,   ,but i know nothing about football lol 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But why drop him when he played well, scored 1 in 2 and we picked up 4 points.

We've played worse in the two games since and picked up 1 point.

I get what you are saying but its such a small sample set you are looking at there. Time and time again in his 3 plus years here he just hasn't even looked remotely dangerous. 

Monk wants aggression in every department and lets face it JR is the total opposite of this.

I am defo standing by Monk on this decision.  Not a happy clapper as he has lots to prove for me but let's give him credit for at least one correct decision.

56 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I get what you are saying but its such a small sample set you are looking at there. Time and time again in his 3 plus years here he just hasn't even looked remotely dangerous. 

Monk wants aggression in every department and lets face it JR is the total opposite of this.

I am defo standing by Monk on this decision.  Not a happy clapper as he has lots to prove for me but let's give him credit for at least one correct decision.

Look at the stats for his time under Monk, not just this season. When Monk picks him to start we have a far better record than when he doesn't.

I completely agree that we need better and more options in terms of a proper goal scoring striker but while we don't have those it does not make sense to drop someone when the team is more effective as a whole when he plays. 

I get that we want aggression, but are we putting aggression above results now because the results have been better for Monk when he has picked Rhodes.