Monk's done with Rhodes?

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Me either, as a result of watching us throughout this year! 

Yeah, but your career finished years ago.

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Indeed. Rhodes has played early on because we had nobody else. He’s only still here because his contract hadn’t run out, not because he’s valued or wanted. Now the forward line is fleshed out a bit with the players Monk does want in we won’t be seeing Jordan too much and I won’t lose too much sleep over that.

Thing is..all we have done is added a few strikers who don’t score much

26 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Yeah, but your career finished years ago.

Same as Rhodes then, although I've not been receiving £30K a week. :bullen:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I think the only way we’re going to get more out of Rhodes than we are currently doing is to give him a run in the side, something the manager doesn’t seem to want to do?

Theres a reason for that. Reduces our chances of winning

• Love 1

All last season Wednesday fans be like "Get rid of Rhodes" "never been a striker" "couldn't hit a barn door" "Biggest flop EVER" "Get him out of our club"

This season (a crucial relegation fight - the most important season in YEARS that could determine our future/existance) Wednesday fans be like "How come Rhodes isnt playing?" " He should be given a run of games" "It's a joke he's not getting picked"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All last season Wednesday fans be like "Get rid of Rhodes" "never been a striker" "couldn't hit a barn door" "Biggest flop EVER" "Get him out of our club"

This season (a crucial relegation fight - the most important season in YEARS that could determine our future/existance) Wednesday fans be like "How come Rhodes isnt playing?" " He should be given a run of games" "It's a joke he's not getting picked"

Some of us will say what we did last sason.

Came in to the team and we looked a better side.

Scored three goals, then within two games Monk couldn't wait to get him out of the team.

This season after 2 games and 2 good results, Monk can't wait to get him out of the team.

How's that working out for him?

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Last season we had at least two strikers worthy of getting picked before him. This season we don't have any other strikers.

You were raving about him a couple of weeks ago but I don't remember you insisting he should have been playing every week last season. Its a matter of making the most of what we have. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

SLIGHT exaggeration

*as in totally made up*

Give me a few minutes and I'll find you bigging him up......:ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Some of us will say what we did last sason.

Came in to the team and we looked a better side.

Scored three goals, then within two games Monk couldn't wait to get him out of the team.

This season after 2 games and 2 good results, Monk can't wait to get him out of the team.

How's that working out for him?

Rhodes lost his place so soon after his hat trick at Forest because he quickly reverted back to being 5h1t in the games that followed. 

4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

How did that work out then, funnily enough our form took a huge dip .

I don’t know why he reverted back to being 5h1t - he just sort of always does. It’s one of life’s great mysteries along with why do a tiny bunch of Wednesdayites blame everyone else but him for his indifferent attitude? 

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SLIGHT exaggeration

*as in totally made up*

Did you start this thread?

The title is 'All Rhodes lead to safety'

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It isn’t our most important season for years. And by definition every season defines the future.

Its just a season.