Monk's done with Rhodes?

Think that was clear last season when he played literally anyone before Rhodes. 

Personally, thought he did ok at Cardiff, deserved to keep his place, especially as nobody has really looked like scoring since. It is strange he always seems to get subbed after an hour when he plays though. 

Seems we place more emphasis on strikers closing down than putting the ball in the net at the moment. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. Rhodes did well against Cardiff got a goal and I thought he did well against Norwich.

Then dropped.

Shocking management. It winds me up no end when a manager changes a winning team. I don’t get it. 

Last four managers haven’t rated him enough to give him a run of games though have they. 

I think we have to accept he’s not the player he once was.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Last four managers haven’t rated him enough to give him a run of games though have they. 

Unbeaten when he started! And then dropped. 

Big believer in keeping a team which is doing well. Also a big believer in giving someone more than a couple of games. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Karanka (Boro)

Carvalhal

Luhukay

Farke (Norwich)

Bullen

Bruce

Monk

That's his last seven managers who didn't have enough faith or patience in Rhodes to give him extended runs in their teams.

So despite people continually making excuses for him, maybe the truth is that Rhodes just isn't good enough and has been a busted flush for the last 4 years living off his reputation from half a career ago?

People on Owlstalk who say he just needs the service obviously know more than all those managers (most of who have managed at the top level). lol

• Like 1

Same can be said of Matt Penney. 

Excellent off the bench v Walsall. Plays well in win v Cardiff. Plays a decent 55 mins or so against Watford. Since been exiled from the last 2 sides and seemingly now playing for U23s. 

Monk is ruthless. Maybe too ruthless. Players clearly lack confidence and are afraid to make mistakes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Didn’t deserve to be dropped imo. Thought he looked okay in those first 2 games. We certainly haven’t looked anymore threatening without him in the side. 

He probably didn’t, and neither did Penney. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Not been Rhodes biggest fan, however, Monk, has little if any management prowess. He's certainly a contributing factor to Rhodes's downfall.

And 6 other managers who didn't have faith in him?

I'm not saying a manager can never be wrong and we shouldn't challenge them, but that's 7 managers who have all come to the same conclusion about Rhodes, who will have seen him every day in training. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Same can be said of Matt Penney. 

Excellent off the bench v Walsall. Plays well in win v Cardiff. Plays a decent 55 mins or so against Watford. Since been exiled from the last 2 sides and seemingly now playing for U23s. 

Monk is ruthless. Maybe too ruthless. Players clearly lack confidence and are afraid to make mistakes. 

Ruthless, clueless more like, have we won a game since he made those decisions

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Agreed problem is he still being paid for being the player he once was. No pace no good in the air not strong enough to hold it up, not cute enough to use his body against defenders even though he has played hundreds of games. So has to be very clinical in box and time his runs , but not seen him do that. Nice lad and that’s his problem needs to have a n edge but too late. Like somebody posted in another thread , how many of the seven forwards we had two years ago are scoring at this or any level. Truth is we have been mugged off. 

• Like 1