Monk's done with Rhodes?

58 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Also, all the managers who worked with him every day in training and deemed him surplus to requirements. They're obviously missing what you can see. 

Tbf, most, if not all the managers who thought he was surplus have been sacked, mainly for being useless and having poor judgement.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

You're calling somebody an idiot and then basically saying Carlos didn't play Rhodes right because he didn't know the kind of player he was? More or less meaning no coach, scout or anyone whatsoever will have talked about Rhodes' strengths and weaknesses with Carlos? Think about that, I'd be very careful calling others idiots when you come out with that mate :laugh::laugh: 

Better yet, I think you should ring Monk up now and tell him he's not playing Rhodes right either, I'm sure Rhodes will score 60 goals this season if Monk listens to you.

Also, all the managers who worked with him every day in training and deemed him surplus to requirements. They're obviously missing what you can see. 

I was speculating about why Carlos used Rhodes as the target man, which he very clearly did. I'm happy for you to suggest another explanation, which is not "he didn't know what kind of player Rhodes was", as that's the only reason i can think why anyone would do that. I dont think there's a single Wedneday fan who thinks Rhodes is a target man, yet Carlos did. I think Carlos was wrong. You can go ahead and tell me why he was right can't you?

Monk isn't "not playing Rhodes right", he's not playing Rhodes, plain and simple. When Rhodes played in the opening few games I thought he looked good, was working hard and we had a decent shape about us. Can you explain why he's been dropped and how we're better off now?

Which managers deemed him surplus to requirements?

46 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Tbf, most, if not all the managers who thought he was surplus have been sacked, mainly for being useless and having poor judgement.

BREAKING NEWS: The very high majority of managers who leave football clubs do so because they get sacked.

50 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I don’t think they’ve been binned off for their judgement of the player in question.

Beggars belief that we ever signed him, considering the options we had at the time and just signed Winnall for a fraction of the cost. A cost which we are still suffering from. 

:Chansiri:

30 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I was speculating about why Carlos used Rhodes as the target man, which he very clearly did. I'm happy for you to suggest another explanation, which is not "he didn't know what kind of player Rhodes was", as that's the only reason i can think why anyone would do that. I dont think there's a single Wedneday fan who thinks Rhodes is a target man, yet Carlos did. I think Carlos was wrong. You can go ahead and tell me why he was right can't you?

Monk isn't "not playing Rhodes right", he's not playing Rhodes, plain and simple. When Rhodes played in the opening few games I thought he looked good, was working hard and we had a decent shape about us. Can you explain why he's been dropped and how we're better off now?

Which managers deemed him surplus to requirements?

Every single manager he's had since he left Blackburn, who don't think he's a reincarnation of Messi and Ronaldo like you do.

You're trying to complicate things by saying Carlos played him as a target man. He had chances to score and he missed them, or he didn't get in the right positions to score. It's a complete myth that we didn't play to his strengths. He was supposed to be the goalscorer we'd been missing. A scorer of goals. He was put in a position where he could score goals. Players who I'm sure you've slagged off a lot more than you have Rhodes still managed to outscore him. 

On 05/10/2020 at 17:18, 0114 said:

Same can be said of Matt Penney. 

Excellent off the bench v Walsall. Plays well in win v Cardiff. Plays a decent 55 mins or so against Watford. Since been exiled from the last 2 sides and seemingly now playing for U23s. 

Monk is ruthless. Maybe too ruthless. Players clearly lack confidence and are afraid to make mistakes. 

Strange how some players seem to be looking good then disappear.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I don’t think they’ve been binned off for their judgement of the player in question.

Beggars belief that we ever signed him, considering the options we had at the time and just signed Winnall for a fraction of the cost. A cost which we are still suffering from. 

:Chansiri:

It was a decision by the chairman and his unknown advisers. While only on loan, he looked poor.

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

People like this just get on my nerves.

They're the sort who booed Tommy Spurr out the club. Who booed Morgan Fox out the club.
They're not fans and they hide behind "anyone who knows anythign about football" while knowing absolutely nothing themselves.

I've had conversations with folk about Rhodes over the years, and we're not alwys agreed, that's the nature of football.
But chumps like this with "Where was Joao?" Get out. What are you doing on an Owls forum is you dont' follow the club. Honestly.

Chumps

Idiots

Little wee fellas

Your range is jaw dropping. 

Just for your info, never booed anyone in my colours. 

You come accross as a desperate person. Clutching at every straw. 

On 05/10/2020 at 16:18, cookeh said:

So the predictable seems to have happened.

Rhodes started the opening match, onyl got an hour, but scored.
Started the 2nd, again just got an hour and this time didn't.

And now seems to have just been frozen out.

That's the "run of games" he gets.. yet again.

I thougth he and Windass looked decent up top together. Something that might have grown given matches together..

Not going to be tho, especially with Paterson coming in.

Monk just doesn't want Rhodes. There seems no other conclusion to make. And so it's into the freezer for him.

I'm sure some will look back at the failure of his time with us and blame the player, but I'm really not sure what those people want Rhodes to do. Every striker needs confidence and games. Rhodes gets the odd 10 minutes here and there and is expected to just magically find the groove. That's not how it works for any striker.

What a sad missed opportunity.

Another piece of monk mis management, not the first and won't be the last, get rid DC before it's too late. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, debram said:

Another piece of monk mis management, not the first and won't be the last, get rid DC before it's too late. 

Debram, we're going down.

Our only chance of survival was, as you rightly say, to rid ourselves of the Pale One,

The moment Chansiri took the decision to retain him our fate was sealed.

We're dead men walking, goners, doomed, fey, on death row.

With acceptance comes a certain type of peace.

So the sooner we all come to terms with what lies ahead, the better it will be for all of us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

why can't it be Rhodes done With Monk  😇

That could work.

Monk could manage the team for two games, win one and draw one, select decent Xls, make good substitutions, have the team looking really promising, then Rhodes could call him into the Office on Monday...

”Well done these last two games Monkey-boy but I’m going to sit you out for a few games to try something else”.

• Haha 1

Rhodes is not an island.

Kos he needs to be played alongside a strong partner. We need goals, especially with our Poros defence.

I’d take a look at Zack Inthos or Hal Kidiki.

...deeply deeply sorry. Golf rained off and I’m bored.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Rhodes is not an island.

Kos he needs to be played alongside a strong partner. We need goals, especially with our Poros defence.

I’d take a look at Zack Inthos or Hal Kidiki.

...deeply deeply sorry. Golf rained off and I’m bored.

I was thinking the same, as it Athens.

What about Les Bos?

• Haha 1