Current playing style and identity

STYLE AND IDENTITY  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How would you class the current style of play?

• Defensive
    • Cautious
    • Possession
    • Counter Attacking
    • Attacking
    • Other (please post below)

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can someone check on the S36 OWL Russian Bot?

His program seems to be stuck on 'post as much Monk hate drivel as much as possible as quickly as possible as repetitively as possible'

Week all got our own eyes we can see thru..we don’t have to be told to be happy..this is no5 the ussr or north korea

To me, it's pretty clear that one of our main tactics at the moment is to win the ball back from our opponents as high up the pitch as possible and launch a quick counter attack from there.

Only Bournemouth have made more interceptions than us at this very early stage of the season, and Brown and Luongo have been central to this approach.

It didn't result in a second goal, but after we went ahead in yesterday's game and settled back into a more solid defensive shape (until the loss of Lees), we actually created our two most clearcut chances (Reach and Luongo's) by taking advantage of QPR's increasing desperation to get back on level terms.

Our squad is one of the most changed in the Championship, so it's going to take a while to fully click. Hopefully we'll develop other ways of playing as the squad begins to gel and the players have more time to work on attacking plays etc.

• Like 7

More-or-less counter-attacking, I'd say.

I actually quite like it and I hope yesterday just proves to be a blip. But we did seem to lack energy and drive going forward and that's a huge worry. We can't play a high-press unless we've got the fitness to do so.

The first halves against Watford and Bristol City were very good, and most of the Cardiff game too, so I'm hoping it'll just prove to be teething problems. Bit fortnight on the training fields in any case.

• Like 1

I don’t like the formation because it doesn’t suit our squad IMO. 

So if our two wide players aren’t ripping into the opposition we’ll struggle... and just look like we have 6 players intent on defending. 

So, stifle, nick a goal, hang on.

Not positive enough. 

• Like 1