Callum Paterson

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think it’s more the way this window has gone. The early links were promising, in fact very promising, and FDB, the first signing, looks full of potential. Then we sort of peaked with the loan signing of Brown, a player of genuine talent, but since then we’ve rather lost our way. I’m sure Windass, Kachunga, and even Paterson, have the right attitude, but do they have the necessary quality to win us the games we need to win? I’m not sure they do, and although they may do a steady job, we really do still need to add some quality to those front positions.

I'll take the right attitude over can't be bothered to try.

If you have a team who come together and are prepared to give all for the cause they can be a more effective unit than better players who either can't be bothered or who don't play as a team. All it takes is that bit of magic.

Wilder gave it to his bunch of misfits. I'm hoping Monk can do something similar. I don't know if he can but if we can't afford better quality it's our best bet. I am truly sick and tired of watching us over the last 3 years where we can be really good one week and worse than dreadfull the next. At least so far this season we have competed in every game at some stage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'll take the right attitude over can't be bothered to try.

If you have a team who come together and are prepared to give all for the cause they can be a more effective unit than better players who either can't be bothered or who don't play as a team. All it takes is that bit of magic.

Wilder gave it to his bunch of misfits. I'm hoping Monk can do something similar. I don't know if he can but if we can't afford better quality it's our best bet. I am truly sick and tired of watching us over the last 3 years where we can be really good one week and worse than dreadfull the next. At least so far this season we have competed in every game at some stage.

Of course you would pal, who wouldn’t. Listen, if Monk can do a Wilder with this team, I’ll be overjoyed and the first to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. 
I read a lot on here, saying we’re in a battle for fourth bottom, and we need players who can scrap and fight to keep us out of that bottom three. The point is, that’s all very well saying that if it were a normal season, but that points deduction means that we might need a bit more than that. Last season for example, our mid table place would have taken us down We need to aim higher, and that will take more than blood and guts. There are plenty of teams in this division who have that extra quality up front, to break the hearts of an honest workmanlike side. Yes it’s great that we’ve got those attributes in the team, but what we need now is an influx of quality

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Paterson signing is all a bit Stevie May innit

We are becoming numb to the situation and have downgraded our expectations 

He seems a versatile player and committed to the game but he's not the type I was expecting to sign.  But fair do's, have to see what he brings to the team he might be one of the missing parts of the jigsaw.  

Still would be nice to get an out an out forward but looking more and more unlikely.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

He seems a versatile player and committed to the game but he's not the type I was expecting to sign.  But fair do's, have to see what he brings to the team he might be one of the missing parts of the jigsaw.  

Still would be nice to get an out an out forward but looking more and more unlikely.

It all feels a bit like this to me......

28688BDB-BBB0-4194-AC2E-75D43A528662.jpeg

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paterson signing is all a bit Stevie May innit

We are becoming numb to the situation and have downgraded our expectations 

Disagree.

The club needed a spiritual successor to Nuhiu.  There isn’t a cult figure at the club. That is fine for many teams, for us we have always needed that player just like we need our battered old stadium.

patterson has been signed to be the new Nuhiu. We will get 8 years of whole hearted but limited chasing about from him and he will be a hero to many, and vilified by the anti Nuhiu crowd.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It all feels a bit like this to me......

28688BDB-BBB0-4194-AC2E-75D43A528662.jpeg

Lol @ GTF. One of our greatest ever signings

Edited by Northampton Owl
Update

Stevie May was more exciting than this, remember the thread about 1m pages long? Goal machine. Sky Sports news interview on his tattoos.

Then after six months of waiting it dawned on us that it wasn’t going to happen.

I think this is the reverse. Paterson has done much better south of the border but if he’s not scoring he can contribute whereas May couldn’t do that.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 4