Foul throws

3 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Centre backs don’t usually take throws, pretty much never if you’ve played your career in a back four. So they might be out of practice. 

But still. Seriously. It’s not hard. 

Come on! I've never played as a professional but I can GUARANTEE I could take every Wednesday throw in this season and not get one foul throw given against me.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

43 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

What’s going on? You can usually go a whole season without seeing one. 

But we’ve had Iorfa at the weekend and Börner tonight getting blown up for one (and getting away with a few more). 

Why?

Do we need Liverpool’s throw in coach?

Get rory delap in

It usually goes on a lot more in all games previously and not picked up on. I’ve seen it creeping in for a number of years now, both that as well as stealing yards and feet well over the line. Could well be a directive given at the start of the season to officials to clamp down more on.

• Thanks 1

When I played  village green footy the refs were usually well meaning but inept. The only transgression that they would pull you up on was a foul throw... they would stand there mimicking a throw whilst lifting one of their legs up behind them. Decapitation of the opposition would largely go unnoticed. 
Last season our throw in’s were so tragic that I began to think that some of our players had taken a bung....they would simply lob it to the opposition !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1