EFL green light spectators this weekend

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I think that's a load of nonsense. I remember when they signed the latest TV deal, it was widely reported all clubs could let fans in for free for a season and they'd still be better off than under the old deal. I imagine sponsors are queuing up to have banners in the empty seats too.

I agree, if they were struggling they wouldn't be able to afford the transfer fees & contracts. Frankly since the pandemic began I've found a lot of what's come out of the EPL, EFL & PFA to be nonsense.

just got email fro the club

Dear Season Ticket Holder  

Thank you for your continued support and patience during what has been and continues to be an extremely challenging time for everyone connected to our Club.

We appreciate that the home season is about to commence and whilst Government guidance is changing frequently, we still have no definitive return date for fans to Hillsborough. However, we have compiled a comprehensive information article in the meantime on our website which covers many questions from supporters.

If you have not already seen this article, please click here to view: 2020/21 Supporter Information

There is no currently no action required from supporters and any further developments regarding the return of fans to the stadium will be posted online at www.swfc.co.uk

Please do not reply to this email address as it is for outbound emails only.

Thank you for your support.

Best wishes from everyone at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Weren't there over 2m people shielding for 12 weeks during lockdown. The most vulnerable. Agreed not a majority but still an awful lot of people 

Correct & there's talk of the number being increased to 4.5m if shielding is reintroduced nationwide.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

You can probably say that 3 of the top teams don't need fans but the biggest club in the land (Man Utd) has already stated they need fans back in the ground to make money

Maybe not in the short term but what happens when fans stop going to games then they will eventually stop watching TV games it won't take long for football to die

Be honest I  hate watching Wednesday on TV the only reason I'm doing it now is because is the glimmer of hope we will be allowed in soon but I'm not sure I could do it after this season

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You can probably say that 3 of the top teams don't need fans but the biggest club in the land (Man Utd) has already stated they need fans back in the ground to make money

It was the mid to lower teams that don’t need fans from memory.

West Ham were the main example of being better off without having supporters in the stadium.

Will try to dig out the numbers.

2 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Just released figures show 78 deaths last week, but when you consider on average around 1600-1650 people die daily in the UK that (taking 1625 as an average death figure) means that just 0.69% are associated to the illness

Yes and long may it stay that low by being sensible about infection.

As someone who had it early doors and was pretty ill with the damn thing I only hope that we keep it under control. It was incredibly contagious and lots of family and friends got it from the same original source. One person died, some others had heart attacks and strokes and I am talking men in their fifties here. Some just have no idea.

We have lost 45,000 people in the UK since March and its infected over 6 million worldwide.

I can't really be assssd to argue with Covidiots, you can just tell the type.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

No second wave and economic problems though. 

They still have restrictions in place and they are still managing the situation. They haven't returned to normal.

The only difference is they can get away with looser restrictions due a low density population. We have less wiggle room.

They also of course have a greater rate of immunity due to not locking down initially. But again we didn't have that option without collapsing the nhs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Nope, but a background in statistics and modelling (not that sort unfortunately...) that can spot bullshiit numbers, interpretation and hyperbole a mile off. 

What do you model, Plasticine?? WTF:

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

And you are an expert on pandemics are you?

Presumably you are?

im not inviting you to my house on Christmas Day now - you’d ruin it.

Don’t pour the wine, you’ll be within 2 metres!

You 2, eat it in the lounge.

You 2 in the kitchen.

you 2 in the loft.

Next door has got 7 people in. I’m telling you!!! Call the police! Call the police!

And just wait for the meltdown when one of the kids sneeze!

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

11 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Just released figures show 78 deaths last week, but when you consider on average around 1600-1650 people die daily in the UK that (taking 1625 as an average death figure) means that just 0.69% are associated to the illness

But cases are rising exponentially so deaths will start to increase. The issue is not death levels now but it's what they will progress to if left unchecked. 

Obviously we need to keep life and the economy going as much as we can. But letting the virus run out of control is not an option that we should be considering.

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

But cases are rising exponentially so deaths will start to increase. The issue is not death levels now but it's what they will progress to if left unchecked. 

Obviously we need to keep life and the economy going as much as we can. But letting the virus run out of control is not an option that we should be considering.

They are not rising exponentially.  Just like most of the media, you don’t know what it means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1