EFL green light spectators this weekend

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

You can sit socially distanced in groups of six inside a stadium.

We've got to return to some normality at some point. At the start of all this I wanted a lockdown more than anybody, but the virus isn't going away, and it will cripple our economy and lots of lives if we don't open things up. Those who are vulnerable should continue to shield, but those who are young and healthy should start to go back to normal. It's not ideal, but the impact on the economy and livelihoods will be a lot worse if we don't.

Sound like boris johnson

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Weren't there over 2m people shielding for 12 weeks during lockdown. The most vulnerable. Agreed not a majority but still an awful lot of people 

Not sure. 

Totally get the decisions initially - and I wouldn't have like to been faced with the decision - but now we know a lot more about the virus and those who are most vulnerable, we should be creating policies to get things back to how they were, including letting fans back into football grounds. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

True but it was only an option due to their low density population. 

Even then their death rate was 10 times that of comparable nations.

In crowded England it's a completely different story.

No second wave and economic problems though. 

11 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The PL are lobbying HMG to let people back in to stadia - the EFL are probably piggy backing this. Clubs are warning people that they will cease to exist if they can't get people back in the grounds.

There was a Premier League spokesman on last week moaning that Premier League clubs have lost about £750m due to the pandemic & they need crowds back into stadiums to survive.  It's not stopped them committing to probably over that amount in transfer fees this summer, a decent amount of which will go to clubs abroad.

• Like 1

Just now, A12owl said:

Just had a thought. West Ham supporters are the worst offenders for breaking Covid rules.

They are forever blowing bubbles 

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

There was a Premier League spokesman on last week moaning that Premier League clubs have lost about £750m due to the pandemic & they need crowds back into stadiums to survive.  It's not stopped them committing to probably over that amount in transfer fees this summer, a decent amount of which will go to clubs abroad.

I think that's a load of nonsense. I remember when they signed the latest TV deal, it was widely reported all clubs could let fans in for free for a season and they'd still be better off than under the old deal. I imagine sponsors are queuing up to have banners in the empty seats too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I think that's a load of nonsense. I remember when they signed the latest TV deal, it was widely reported all clubs could let fans in for free for a season and they'd still be better off than under the old deal. I imagine sponsors are queuing up to have banners in the empty seats too.

Loads of Premier teams don’t actually need supporters.  It would be more viable to play behind closed doors when you weigh up costs versus TV monies received.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Loads of Premier teams don’t actually need supporters.  It would be more viable to play behind closed doors when you weigh up costs versus TV monies received.

You can probably say that 3 of the top teams don't need fans but the biggest club in the land (Man Utd) has already stated they need fans back in the ground to make money