EFL green light spectators this weekend

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

They thought It was incredibly contagious 

We haven't lost 45,000 people in the UK since March.

I am a  Covidiot

Edited it for you pal

11 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

They still have restrictions in place and they are still managing the situation. They haven't returned to normal.

The only difference is they can get away with looser restrictions due a low density population. We have less wiggle room.

They also of course have a greater rate of immunity due to not locking down initially. But again we didn't have that option without collapsing the nhs.

I dont know what restrictions you are suggesting but this video from someone living in Sweden seems to disagree with you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Roughly how many have we lost then?

Well it isn't 45k for a start

When they reduced it after peddling b.s deaths

But you already know that dont you

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Well it isn't 45k for a start

When they reduced it after peddling b.s deaths

But you already know that dont you

If you were to ask me what I'm sitting on, the response of "It isn't broccoli for a start" doesn't really do much to answer the question

So... let's try again: Now you've told me what it isn't, can you give me a ballpark of what it is?

6 minutes ago, Twaddle said:

I dont know what restrictions you are suggesting but this video from someone living in Sweden seems to disagree with you.

Yes their restrictions are looser than here it's true but they still exist. You can easily google the official guidance and rules if you are interested. 

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If you were to ask me what I'm sitting on, the response of "It isn't broccoli for a start" doesn't really do much to answer the question

So... let's try again: Now you've told me what it isn't, can you give me a ballpark of what it is?

No and you know I can't do that which is why you are asking. 

Its certainly not 45k anymore which was my point so thank you and save your graphs for someone else. Cheers

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I don't want to have to stay indoors and shield myself. I had 4 months and that was more than enough. What I want is for people consider others and not just themselves. It happened during lockdown when it was a given but now some seem to think they can make their own decisions. You can't. Decisions are ruled by those in power. Like it or not, agree with it or not. This virus needs to be controlled and the best way is social distancing at least. It's not that difficult. Next is reduce the number of contacts people have. It's not that difficult. 

There is a mentality amongst some groups that, it isn't going to happen to me and if it does I'm not going to die. 

There are others that will if people take that attitude. 

I’m afraid you’ll have to stay indoors if you’re hoping for politicians, Imperial College and the public to control a virus. 

I’ve been amazed how compliant the vast majority of people have been. Exercise, eat healthy, take some supplements maybe, use common sense and let’s get going again....IMO 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

No and you know I can't do that which is why you are asking. 

Its certainly not 45k anymore which was my point so thank you and save your graphs for someone else. Cheers

Well, no it isn't 45k any more... officially it's about 41,637, but I'm guessing that isn't suitably low enough so you'll say it isn't that too.

I suppose if you "can't" tell me what the number is, you can at the very least explain why a figure of ~42,000 is wrong?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I know you are replying to Ferkhof but this screenshot has already been posted earlier in the thread

Screenshot_2020-08-31 Vicky on Twitter 1.png

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

EFL have been given green light on allowing 1000 spectators in max to fixtures this weekend.

Does that mean a ballot this week? 

It will be club 1867 members and 10 season ticket holders who get first shout. That leaves 98 seats for everyone else to squabble over 

Just now, Twaddle said:

I know you are replying to Ferkhof but this screenshot has already been posted earlier in the thread

Screenshot_2020-08-31 Vicky on Twitter 1.png

OK, so that gives the figures for England (not the UK) and hospital deaths only (not including in the community/in care homes) and is a month old (though fortunately if you look at the last few weeks UK wide you're "only" looking at a total of a few hundred deaths thank goodness). And even with all these caveats in mind, it still comes to ~30,000. Which kind of corroborates with a UK-wide figure of ~42,000 if you include deaths outside of hospitals... doesn't it?

29 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

They are not rising exponentially.  Just like most of the media, you don’t know what it means.

23 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

The R rate is above 1. This means cases will rise exponentially. Please explain why this is wrong.

Come on enlighten me. Here is your opportunity to educate. Don't pass it up!

I suspect I will be waiting a long time.....

8 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Come on enlighten me. Here is your opportunity to educate. Don't pass it up!

I suspect I will be waiting a long time.....

The PCR test doesn’t specifically test for Covid 19, it highlights traces of Coronavirus. That’s why the vast majority of people who test positive aren’t ill.

Just now, Halifax Owls said:

The PCR test doesn’t specifically test for Covid 19, it highlights traces of Coronavirus. That’s why the vast majority of people who test positive aren’t ill.

That's not true... the PCR test tests specifically for traces of the Covid-19 virus.

A very, very important distinction to make