EFL green light spectators this weekend

Just now, A12owl said:

Stupid decision. But then we are talking EFL. 

Infection rate on the increase by massive amounts. "R" rate supposedly well above 1.

Gatherings reduced to 6. 

What are they thinking. Probably not thinking at all. 

Madness. 

Rugby already went back

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/54138781

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

And you are an expert on pandemics are you?

Nope, but a background in statistics and modelling (not that sort unfortunately...) that can spot bullshiit numbers, interpretation and hyperbole a mile off. 

4 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Madness is allowing the economy to be destroyed because of media induced “casedemic” fear!

Spot on.

Incredible that people are still plugging the insidious fear narrative, no matter how ridiculous and devoid of evidence it has become. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Madness is allowing the economy to be destroyed because of media induced “casedemic” fear!

I'm not one of those who thinks this is a myth or not very serious, but it's just factually the case that healthy people have an incredibly small chance of getting seriously ill with this. Hopefully testing improves very soon and you can check yourself at home before you see those who are shielding, that's ultimately what we need to aim for.

• Like 2

That's not a good argument I'm afraid. The young and healthy then mix with the not so young and healthy then they mix with everybody else and the flippin thing spreads again. 

Lockdown proved its worth although it should have been done much sooner. 

What is more important, lives or the economy. 

Not an easy decision unless you are one whose life would be put in danger if restrictions are eased too far. 

As I said the not so young and healthy should continue to shield. When better rapid testing at home comes into play, we will know when it's safe to mix with those who are shielding.

But how many lives have been lost due to suicide rates going up throughout lockdown, and how many livelihoods have been destroyed through job losses and domestic abuse on the rise? Like I said it's definitely not ideal, only a safe working vaccine is, but that's looking further away as each day passes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Think we all know by now that the EFL like to play judge and jury if they always like to ensure they play superior rulings to our government and justice system 

think they all have small man syndrome that sit on that board 

complete  set of clowns 

• Like 1

Agree with your point about healthy people but it's the not so healthy people that would suffer after the virus was passed on through goodness knows how many contact situations. 

The biggest mistake the government has made throughout all this is assume that people won't be absolute idiots. What I've suggested about better testing before interaction with those shielding would rely on people to not be idiots until we have that testing - of course not everyone will abide by it should that come in, and we will see the virus spread more, but what's the alternative? We are heading towards another lockdown, but i would rather those most vulnerable be advised to shield and for the rest of us to stay away from them whilst things remain open and we return to normality.

Guest Willow Owl
8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I'm not sure where you've been for 6 months, but there's this worldwide pandemic which has impacted every aspect of our lives, including football.

Working everyday on the frontline as in the health and safety game.

The  question was regarding a ballot, not the pandemic issues.

If you want to start a thread about the pandemic then do so.