Monk is going to out-Wilder Wilder

31 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Wilder is a freaking amazing man manager who's never been sacked from a managerial role.

Monk hasn't yet managed to hold down one managerial post for 18-months.

Would be great if he can emulate Wilder, but he's got a fair way to go before he even gets close.

To be fair to Monk he chose to leave Leeds and Birmingham.

1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

Monk's going to take it one better and get us promoted this season albeit starting on a deficit, but he has the system, he's adapting the players and he's instilling that self-belief. 

That would take a miracle of biblical proportion !! Average for second place is mid 80's plus the 12 points would be touching 100 points....2.2 points per I know teams have broke and come close to the 100 points mark and would love us to do it but far too much optimism after 1 win.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish people would  stop  posting irrelevant guff like this

I really do

> Topic: Monk emulating Wilder's success

> Point made that Wilder has never been sacked (testament to his success) 

> Fact pointed out that Monk doesn't hold that same accolade. 

Owlstalk: leave Garry alone 😭

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The glass half full team accuse the glass half empty team of being too negative after a defeat whilst the glass half empty team accuse the glass half full team of being too positive after a victory.

I only ever drink directly from the tap like a scrubber and just work on the assumption that there'll always be more - and I'm never wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

Wilder got United into the premier league with let's be honest a run-of-the-mill squad but what he had instead was a system these players adapted flawlessly and instilled a massive self-belief.

Monk's going to take it one better and get us promoted this season albeit starting on a deficit, but he has the system, he's adapting the players and he's instilling that self-belief. 

Bump this end of the season 

You need to die on this hill. Bump this thread after every point gained. In fact, fuck it, bump it after every completed pass.

I have faith in you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

Wilder got United into the premier league with let's be honest a run-of-the-mill squad but what he had instead was a system these players adapted flawlessly and instilled a massive self-belief.

I wish.

Reminds me of Leeds starting on -15 after being relegated to League 1 and finishing on something like 66 points in the playoffs. Would have gone up automatically without the points deduction

1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

I'm a big fan of Monk

But I'm an even bigger fan of whatever it is you've been drinking

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish people would  stop  posting irrelevant guff like this

I really do

I dont think that's fair. The original poster drew the comparison, I think its perfectly acceptable to point out the differences.

A touch negative maybe, but certainly not irrelevant.

I'm a huge fan of longevity and I really hope we give Monk a good run, but hysterical reactions after each result are totally pointless and arguably counterproductive.

• Like 2