Monk is going to out-Wilder Wilder

Amazing what an unexpected win will do for morale isn’t it. 

BUT, let’s keep the lid on things until we’ve seen a few more.

In reality Saturday’s win was very similar to the away win at QPR after the restart.

We were brought down to earth smartish.

I’m all for positivity as my previous postings will show but please be realistic. We’ve got a mountain to climb to get near mid table this season.

• Like 5

Best tribute, Cardiff manager. Said we were so solid with 7 -man defence and 2 holding in midfield.

Looks like Monk's new staff paying big dividends.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish people would  stop  posting irrelevant guff like this

I really do

But a form table after 1 league game and 1 Cup game is more relevant? 

We get that you like Monk, you don't have to be so defensive of him.

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Wilder is a freaking amazing man manager who's never been sacked from a managerial role.

It's true he's never been sacked, but I suspect if he'd been appointed to manage a struggling Premier League club when he was 34 years old, like Monk was, he wouldn't have the 'never been sacked' career record.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

Wilder got United into the premier league with let's be honest a run-of-the-mill squad but what he had instead was a system these players adapted flawlessly and instilled a massive self-belief.

Monk's going to take it one better and get us promoted this season albeit starting on a deficit, but he has the system, he's adapting the players and he's instilling that self-belief. 

Bump this end of the season 

OH BOY....with a magazine of 20 rounds..'load'....targets to your front....'watch & shoot' ;watch & shoot'....targets will fall when hit........

11 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

Wilder got United into the premier league with let's be honest a run-of-the-mill squad but what he had instead was a system these players adapted flawlessly and instilled a massive self-belief.

Monk's going to take it one better and get us promoted this season albeit starting on a deficit, but he has the system, he's adapting the players and he's instilling that self-belief. 

Bump this end of the season 

I love your positivity. Don’t share it myself but if you are right at the end of the season I’ll happily buy you a 🍺 

Give it 24 hours and we will all be back to normal. Moses Adabajo and Joey will have played 90 minutes, Reach will have been an ineffective central striker for 65 minutes and Wildsmith will have conceded a soft goal as we squeeze past Rochdale on penalties.

We will all be calling for Monks head and regurgitating statistics comparing Monk with Jos and how Jos was actually better.

This is Owlstalk and that is what we do!

Edited by apswfcowl
  • Haha 1