Monk is going to out-Wilder Wilder

1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

Wilder got United into the premier league with let's be honest a run-of-the-mill squad but what he had instead was a system these players adapted flawlessly and instilled a massive self-belief.

Monk's going to take it one better and get us promoted this season albeit starting on a deficit, but he has the system, he's adapting the players and he's instilling that self-belief. 

Bump this end of the season 

What ever you are drinking, I will have a pint please.lol

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

Wilder got United into the premier league with let's be honest a run-of-the-mill squad but what he had instead was a system these players adapted flawlessly and instilled a massive self-belief.

Monk's going to take it one better and get us promoted this season albeit starting on a deficit, but he has the system, he's adapting the players and he's instilling that self-belief. 

It’s your bumps that want feeling.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish people would  stop  posting irrelevant guff like this

I really do

I thought it was a fair response to a post which after one game is saying we will get promoted this season. You might have posted the same response to the OP.
Now, if we win our first four or five I might be thinking something's on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devonstrix said:

Now, if we win our first four or five I might be thinking something's on. 

No you won't

You (just like everyone else who is anti-monk) will then start saying "Let's not get excited yet -  let's judge him at Christmas"

Then it will be "Lets see where we are at the end of the season"

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No you won't

You (just like everyone else who is anti-monk) will then start saying "Let's not get excited yet -  let's judge him at Christmas"

I think seeing where we are at the end of the season is the only way to really make a fair judgement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paullie said:

That would take a miracle of biblical proportion !! Average for second place is mid 80's plus the 12 points would be touching 100 points....2.2 points per I know teams have broke and come close to the 100 points mark and would love us to do it but far too much optimism after 1 win.

Without looking and only joking what would maybe be needed to sneak sixth place??. 

Didn't crystal palace manage to overturn a 24 points adrift of a playoff place at Christmas to snach a payoff spot and gain promotion a few years back.?? 

I was thinking the other day would it suit us better with the deduction if everyone was beating everyone every week, meaning it stays tight, so would be easier to climb the table. 

Or do we prefer 3/4 absolutely awful teams that can't win a match to make then easier to overhaul and pass to safety. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Wilder is a freaking amazing man manager who's never been sacked from a managerial role.

Monk hasn't yet managed to hold down one managerial post for 18-months.

Would be great if he can emulate Wilder, but he's got a fair way to go before he even gets close.

Monk probably doesn’t suck off his team that’s why

I have alot of respect for wilder despite him being a massive pig

Worked in the lower leagues and worked his way up to be a top top manager 

Dare I say even the best British manager in football 

Not like lampard whose just been handed a top job because of who he is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Relevance is subjective....like u say to other posters....."if u don't like a thread or disagree.....then move on".

If its anything remotely negative about Monk then he can't. 

2 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

148180537_tenor(2).gif.5cfa1817654e3856702ec1cff5f6338a.gif

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No you won't

Jesus. Be upstanding in court. The judge has arrived! 
I don’t consider myself to be anti Monk. I simply felt he was lucky to keep his job and I did point out the mitigating circumstances on more than one occasion. ie working without his own staff, trouble makers behind the scenes. If we get off to a good start I will be delighted for him as will the overwhelming majority of supporters. I definitely wouldn’t be predicting promotion though. 

• Like 2