The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Wilder’s pre match comments included reference to Leeds nicking their best players over the past 20-30 years. Obviously Deane springs to mind but I can’t think of anyone else?

Tony Currie, Mick Jones, Alex Sabella (!)

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Wilder’s pre match comments included reference to Leeds nicking their best players over the past 20-30 years. Obviously Deane springs to mind but I can’t think of anyone else?

No, I didn't quite get that. 

I did quite enjoy him bringing up the fact that they pipped Leeds to promotion a few seasons ago. If it was any other club, I'd be thinking "what a belltip", but given it's Leeds I'll accept it. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

On paper the blades have a stronger squad than last year but with these new players being selected I can't help thinking it has dampened their spirit and togetherness, they don't look as up for it like last year.

I see them really struggling this year.

Well, let's hope so.

Guest Bulgaria

Always brings a giggle when I think of a post someone made last year.

Half the blades team look like the kind of blokes that turn up to take away your scrap metal.

You can just see Baldock, Lundstram and Fleck in brown tatty overalls grunting obscenities whilst carrying away your knackered washing machine.

I doubt if the pigs can play any better. They were back o how they played last season. Giving sides no time, reducing them to long balls and set piece attacks. Two amazinf saves by leeds keeper, one good one by Ramsdale. As for Leeds, they certainly can  play better and that would be my worry as a pig. No good humping a long ball up to Bamford with the pigs centre backs mopping up. Leeds need to get back to their quick passing game & I don't think the pigs will live with them.

So, nailed on 1-0 to the pigs then.lol