The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

49 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm all for laughing at the pigs losing but not gonna join in with celebrating and laughing at their players getting injuries. Wouldn't wish that on any player, we're above that I hope. 

They did plenty of laughing at us when we had a whole team (and more) out injured, some seriously.  I don't wish any player a serious or career ending injury, but I'm happy to hope their best players keep getting niggling injuries if it helps send them down. They seem to be very lucky with injuries over the last few years.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

They did plenty of laughing at us when we had a whole team (and more) out injured, some seriously.  I don't wish any player a serious or career ending injury, but I'm happy to hope their best players keep getting niggling injuries if it helps send them down. They seem to be very lucky with injuries over the last few years.

Aye, I'll allow little niggling injuries then. Just enough to disrupt em. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Django said:

Fulham and West Brom definitely 

Maybe Burnley, Brighton, Southampton and Villa

Apart from that most look stronger than last season 

Swap saints for Newcastle in my opinion. Brighton have impressed me so far, despite two undeserved home defeats.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Theyve lost 7 in a row now I believe. If that was a Wednesday manager than radio Sheffield would be asking him tough questions and trying to provoke a response. Somehow they seem to kiss tuftys ass. 

Tbf, given what he has achieved there, it's going to take something pretty drastic before there are questions over his future.

Be a brave person who does raise it.

They've always been a bit streaky under him, though usually it would be 3 or 4 wins after a defeat. 

I would suggest the most troubling thing for them so far is the fact they haven't even scored a goal in the league yet; a league where goals are absolutely flying in right now. 

If they don't get a quality striker in, then they may well struggle to stop up. 

• Like 1

I think the job of a sports reporter is to really dig into the team and get an understanding of whats going on. Theyve had their worst start in history after 3 games, no goals, 7 losses in a row. Net spend of nearly £100M over two seasons I'd expect questions that pick and poke at the team, at Wilder, questioning their belief to stay up. Nah... its just a kiss arse regime. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think the job of a sports reporter is to really dig into the team and get an understanding of whats going on. Theyve had their worst start in history after 3 games, no goals, 7 losses in a row. Net spend of nearly £100M over two seasons I'd expect questions that pick and poke at the team, at Wilder, questioning their belief to stay up. Nah... its just a kiss arse regime. 

You're not wrong.

I have to say that the local media have very much treated them with kids gloves ever since  Megabus Man rocked up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Django said:

I find it quite unbelievable how Radio Sheffield don’t hesitate to get stuck into Wednesday but absolutely no mention of dem blades transfer embargo in 2017/18

I always found that quite odd. 

Perhaps part of it can be explained by the fact the club (on the pitch) was on an upwards trajectory and it was much easier for the press to focus on that. 

With us, we were starting to descend into chaos (on and off the pitch), so it was much easier to go along with the putting the boot in narrative. 

I could be wrong, but I get the sense that Wilder would quite easily deny access to local journalists if they wrote anything overly critical of him/the club. 

• Like 2