The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He has improved massively since last year (I scoffed at the suggestion he could be an England international), but £80 million...? 
Presumably that’s just Everton’s way of saying ‘not for sale’ as surely nobody would pay anywhere near that.

Yes I agree. I thought he was a mediocre but he is developing into a good Premier League striker. Maybe Wilder could buy him back as he did with Ramsdale.

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He has improved massively since last year (I scoffed at the suggestion he could be an England international), but £80 million...? 

The exact statement people made last year before they paid £80m for Harry Maguire.

Home grown player tax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Perhaps, but at least by then Maguire had done well at a World Cup.

DCL has had half a good season. 
Although, admittedly strikers are always going to carry a premium.

It's because of the premier squad home grown rule. Decent English players are at a premium, price goes up for very little performance increase.

Calvert-Lewin looked a good hold up type stiker who might get 10 goals. Ancellotti comes in, tells him he needs to forget that and get closer to the goal and he's scored a couple and now worth 80m.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Just watched the highlights expecting to see a "tussle" between Egan and the Villa player. It was nothing of the sort, Egan was pulling his shirt for over five yards stopping him reaching the ball. Definite red card.

Basham quite simply cheated for the penalty, tiny contact and goes down. Exactly the same as Windass but he didn't go down like that. (we wouldn't have got it anyway).

And ramsdales dive for the goal was a wonder to behold.

Not seen anything but I presume they're appealing Egans red?

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.

Edited by darra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darra said:

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.

I’ve said this to my Blades mates.  They are one of the teams that really suffers without supporters.

It bigs them up, winds them up and gets them worried all at the same time.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, darra said:

They still stuck 3 past Chelsea and Spurs though. I'm sure they won't go down, still reckon they'll be midtable come the end of the season. A poor little run doesn't mean they'll be struggling all season, unfortunately, they're still basically the same team that finished 9th last year with a poorer keeper but better squad depth. They're poor in attack but they aren't going to concede loads of goals either.

21 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They still stuck 3 past Chelsea and Spurs though. I'm sure they won't go down, still reckon they'll be midtable come the end of the season. A poor little run doesn't mean they'll be struggling all season, unfortunately, they're still basically the same team that finished 9th last year with a poorer keeper but better squad depth. They're poor in attack but they aren't going to concede loads of goals either.

The poor run is from coming back after lock down, not just this season though, not predicting anything about them, just hoping that maybe they have run out of steam after a season that promised so much ended with nothing

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Teams with the same base of players often get found out, and if a vital player is gone and the spirit is impacted over time then you get found out. 

• Like 1