The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

The MOTD interview was funny when he was saying there was only one winner, that they had more chances, more shots on target, more corners and more possession, at the exact same time the game stats were on screen and were showing totally the opposite of what he was saying. Leeds winning 1-0, more possession, more chances, more corners, more shots on target and the better of the game.

It was almost like they'd done it on purpose.

I noticed that as well. Although their expected goals stat was higher not that it means anything to me.

After following up their best season ever with what Wilder called "their best transfer window ever" :

Average goals scored so far this season by the other 19 PL teams - 5.42

Goals scored by Sheffield United - 0.0

Average goals scored per match in the PL so far - 3.67

Average goals scored per match involving Sheffield United - 1.33 (all for the opposition)

Everybody's second favourite team, lauded for the way they play...

(yes Wednesday's matches have also averaged 1.33 goals per game, but at least we scored some of them and the Championship average goals per game is only 1.94. Also we haven't spent £30m+ this summer and we don't pretend to be everybody's second team, lauded for the way we play)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why would Liverpool seel Brewster rather than loan him out? They can't rate him if this is the case

Can't find a way to keep him happy. 

Brewster himself may be pushing for a perm move unless he's guaranteed more football over the coming seasons. 

Easy solution: sell him for a decent fee, insert a buy back clause to activate when he's looking like he's the real deal. 

If he flops, you got a decent fee for him whilst you could. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Can't find a way to keep him happy. 

Brewster himself may be pushing for a perm move unless he's guaranteed more football over the coming seasons. 

Easy solution: sell him for a decent fee, insert a buy back clause to activate when he's looking like he's the real deal. 

If he flops, you got a decent fee for him whilst you could. 

More ethical than the Chelsea method too

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

More ethical than the Chelsea method too

Barca been doing it for years. 

Bought a few back, Delofeu springs to mind. 

Not sure if many of them turned out as well as hoped. 

But it just gives that little guarantee that if they do, you get them back at a snip. 

29 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Bloody hell even living rent free in their reserve team players heads now....Screenshot_20200930-145851_Twitter.thumb.jpg.792ec9c50938b4da13eccc4a642de816.jpg

Pr1ck.

What about suffering a double relegation soon after that wonder strike, being in a town which cares more for rugby and having an owner who is a fruitcake. He needs to know that too.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Bloody hell even living rent free in their reserve team players heads now....Screenshot_20200930-145851_Twitter.thumb.jpg.792ec9c50938b4da13eccc4a642de816.jpg

I have no idea who this person is.

But imagine how sad they'd say it was if one of our youth players announced that he was happy to be joining Yeovil, or Swindon, or Huddersfield, or one of the others, because they'd once beaten United in the playoffs...

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, alanharper said:

But imagine how sad they'd say it was if one of our youth players announced that he was happy to be joining Yeovil, or Swindon, or Huddersfield, or one of the others, because they'd once beaten United in the playoffs...

I went to Turf Moor a few years ago, I don't know much about Burnley apart from beating Sheffield United in a play off final. That's all I need to know, that'll do for me. :tango:

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Well I got this sent to me on a link via WhatsApp by a pig mate. As I told him they are very easily pleased, bit like how many of them were creaming themselves over Madine, the same guy who got jailed for cracking a Blunt supporter years before. Any player who has 1 bad thing to say about us or has a dig are up there as an instant legend by them red and white c##ts.

Surprised they haven't began renaming the KOP as "The Regan Slater Hates Wendies Cos He's 100% Blade Stand"

• Haha 4