The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Thing is whilst you're winning team spirit is good but lose a few and recriminations and accusations start getting thrown about in the dressing room and it starts to dip. They need to start winning and quick. Can't see them starting against Leeds 

As pleasing as it is that they're going through a rocky patch, it's just way too early to start talking about relegation - they're still not even in the bottom 3 as it stands, it's hard to see WBA and Fulham doing better than them over the season, in fact there are probably half a dozen sides that are worse than them. There are literally countless examples of clubs having bad starts to seasons but staying up - I think it was in 90/91 their first season up after we'd been relegated that they didn't even manage to win a league game until just before Christmas, yet they still ended up staying up comfortably.

They could well pick up 6 points from Leeds and Fulham and they'll start talking about Europe again.

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

As pleasing as it is that they're going through a rocky patch, it's just way too early to start talking about relegation - they're still not even in the bottom 3 as it stands, it's hard to see WBA and Fulham doing better than them over the season, in fact there are probably half a dozen sides that are worse than them. There are literally countless examples of clubs having bad starts to seasons but staying up - I think it was in 90/91 their first season up after we'd been relegated that they didn't even manage to win a league game until just before Christmas, yet they still ended up staying up comfortably.

They could well pick up 6 points from Leeds and Fulham and they'll start talking about Europe again.

We'll have none of that talk in here.

The fúckers are going down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, darra said:

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.

BDTBL !! Is that what you call it ?

You could have put Lane crowds , stain crowds ,home crowds .....but BDTBL ffs 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, alanharper said:

They have to find some goals from somewhere, even with their strong defence, that won't be enough

When they concede first they are always going to be up against it, scoring twice at least to win will be a major issue. At least Fulham have goals in the side

I still think they'll stay up as there are probably three teams worse than them. I can see why people say they are going to struggle without the fans pashun behind them at home but i'm sure they wont be worried as their Guardiola-esque keep ball, technically beautiful, easy on the eye, loved by the neutral, flowing attackattackattack football will have them challenging for Europe.

On 24/09/2020 at 12:39, darra said:

Listening to talksport this morning. Predicting them for relegation. Don't score enough, teams are sussing out the way they play and they haven't got the BDTBL effect at the moment and unlikely to for some time.

BDTBL? Seriously? Or as I call it....Sty! 

Another myth busted  by evidence about how all that grunting from the stands helps the Pigs. 
Aug 19 to lockdown 1.6 points per game 

Post lockdown 1.8 points per game 

They’ve actually done better at home without crowds....so far.  

Last 14 in all competitions 

PL 14 W 3 D 2 L 9 

11 pts in 12 PL games in that run relegation form. 

Weakened keeper and had to spend £18 million for the privilege. 
Arguably the worst forward options in the PL based on goals per game. 
Players playing at full tilt for a few seasons having an understandable blip/levelling off. 
No shock value anymore and other teams a bit wiser to them. 
A few more injuries and suspensions. 

Add all that up and hey presto. 

Probably be around 14th/16th but not around top 6 and ultimately top half like last season.
Ideally they go down and Beakers head self combusts! Fk em! 

UTO! FTP!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'm not sure which three teams are worse than them to be honest. Their probably on a par with WBA and Fulham. Brighton are looking a lot better so far and Palace have started really well too. Gonna be a long season for them. 

I think that they are better than West Brom and Fulham. WBA look awful. Still early days though

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

They have to find some goals from somewhere, even with their strong defence, that won't be enough

When they concede first they are always going to be up against it, scoring twice at least to win will be a major issue. At least Fulham have goals in the side

They don't need to score loads, they finished 9th last season scoring only 39 goals and having the fewest shots on target in the division. Much the same as last season, they'll grind out a few narrow wins against teams like West Ham, Palace and Brighton and pick up a few unexpected points against some of the big boys, and as with last season I don't see anybody really battering them. Then they'll claim that due to being difficult to play against they're still everybody's second team and lauded for the way they play.

Averaging less than a point a game has been sufficient to stay up for all but one of the last nine PL seasons.

I don’t get the obsession with wilder. His interviews are painful with so much humming and harring and no good language used or context to what he actually goes on about.

Seems to try so hard to give off this ‘working class man’ facade 

Edited by FreshOwl