Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Lamela just proving to the world what some already knew. His right foot is just for standing on.

I've never understood the adulation for the rabona. They might as well just cry out, 'I'm sh!te with my other foot!'

I've only ever seen him kick the ball with his right foot once, and that was only because it bounced off his left.

On 15/03/2021 at 18:59, Rodger Wylde said:

Lamela just proving to the world what some already knew. His right foot is just for standing on.

I've never understood the adulation for the rabona. They might as well just cry out, 'I'm sh!te with my other foot!'

I've only ever seen him kick the ball with his right foot once, and that was only because it bounced off his left.

The adulation comes from the element of surprise. If Lamela takes the extra second to adjust and use his right foot then a defender has a much higher chance of blocking or keeper saving. 

He may be one footed but you can't take that away from the quality of the goal. 

10 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Woof , Newcastle continue to sink, only 2 wins since beginning of Dec.I think

Who's for a Steve Bruce derby at Hillsborough next season ?

Newcastle will stay up, just because the teams below them are so rubbish. 

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Newcastle will stay up, just because the teams below them are so rubbish. 

I'm not so sure now. Think Fulham have more favourable fixtures from the remaining games and if they are within 3 points of Newcastle going into the final game when they play each other then I certainly wouldn't be betting on a Newcastle win. 

Maybe sacking Bruce before the next game could save them but they might have left it too late for someone to come in and turn them around. 

14 hours ago, flo said:

The adulation comes from the element of surprise. If Lamela takes the extra second to adjust and use his right foot then a defender has a much higher chance of blocking or keeper saving. 

He may be one footed but you can't take that away from the quality of the goal. 

But the point is, a professional footballer playing for one of the top teams in the 'best league in the world' and an Argentine international is totally incapable of kicking the ball with his right foot.

Unbelievable.

Better to be good with one than cr@p with two I suppose.