Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Every time a goal is scored in the Premier league a team of people actively look for a reason to disallow it. How is that ever going to be good for the game? 

I was of the opinion that technology and var would be good. I still think it can be. At the moment it's almost like they're trying to make it look bad so we call for it to be scrapped. 

I want to Wednesday to play a season with var still though. I'm convinced we'd come out of it having been helped more than hindered by it. Some of the decisions we've had either go against us or be missed by refs are ridiculous. And it doesn't even itself out, if it did we'd be unbeatable with the amount we've got stored up. 

Guest Mcguigan
7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Every time a goal is scored in the Premier league a team of people actively look for a reason to disallow it. How is that ever going to be good for the game? 

I was of the opinion that technology and var would be good. I still think it can be. At the moment it's almost like they're trying to make it look bad so we call for it to be scrapped. 

I want to Wednesday to play a season with var still though. I'm convinced we'd come out of it having been helped more than hindered by it. Some of the decisions we've had either go against us or be missed by refs are ridiculous. And it doesn't even itself out, if it did we'd be unbeatable with the amount we've got stored up. 

I think most fans of other clubs would say the same, tbh.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Something I don’t like about Ole. Gives me the impression of someone who is completely winging it and getting away with it 

I agree with that, and every time you think they're finally gonna sack him they have a turn in fortune lol

To be honest I often question how important managers are 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Starting to think Jose likes losing. Just doesn’t seem to care anymore. Don’t think he’s cut out for the top level. He’s a relic 

I don’t think anyone can make the argument he has moved the club forward since joining. Gonna miss out on top 4, out of the Europa league, Kane likely off in the summer. Basically Levy has got the stadium bit right but the outfit on it are miles off the pace.

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Starting to think Jose likes losing. Just doesn’t seem to care anymore. Don’t think he’s cut out for the top level. He’s a relic 

He hasn't moved on.

He's trying to play the same football he did with Chelsea, Inter etc.,with a Spurs side who are nowhere near as good.

From the goalkeeper, to the defence and midfield, Spurs are well, well short of what is required to play the defensive football he wants.

To surmise: you've got Jose Mourinho managing the remnants of a once decent Mauricio Pochettino team.

It just doesn't work.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Thoroughly agreed. VAR is needed. The issue is the implementation and, the Buffoons making the decisions.

Jose has absolutely lost it. The most negative manager in the Premier League and it’s so unecessary with the attacking talent he has.

They’re pushing for Champions League and at 1-1 he brings Sissoko on instead of Bale?! The man is petrified of losing and they still lost anyway.

Spurs fans were buzzing to watch a potential front three of Son - Kane - Bale but Mourinho just hasn’t used it. Arguably the best front three in the league. And Bale showed the other week he still had it. Has one poor game against Arsenal and Mourinho finds an excuse to drop him.

Really sad to see when he once was such a great manager.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

I don’t think anyone can make the argument he has moved the club forward since joining. Gonna miss out on top 4, out of the Europa league, Kane likely off in the summer. Basically Levy has got the stadium bit right but the outfit on it are miles off the pace.

Strange coincidence because exactly the same happened to Arsenal. Got the stadium right then virtually stopped challenging at the top of the table. Happy to scrape in 4th or an FA cup. Citing the expense of the Emirates as the reason. If Levy sees £100m+  pound signs for Kane at 28 years old, he'll be sold.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jose has absolutely lost it. The most negative manager in the Premier League and it’s so unecessary with the attacking talent he has.

They’re pushing for Champions League and at 1-1 he brings Sissoko on instead of Bale?! The man is petrified of losing and they still lost anyway.

Spurs fans were buzzing to watch a potential front three of Son - Kane - Bale but Mourinho just hasn’t used it. Arguably the best front three in the league. And Bale showed the other week he still had it. Has one poor game against Arsenal and Mourinho finds an excuse to drop him.

Really sad to see when he once was such a great manager.

Yea very stra ge, especially given that his initial Chelsea team had Robben, Duff, Droga, Lampard and Gudjohsen. 

Makelele and the back 4 did some very good defensive work to enable that, but my word he's become such a bore and his teams reflect it. He's not even stuck in his Chelsea days, he's gone back and is stuck in the 90s. 

He's been in decline since that second spell at Chelsea went wrong. 

A brief respite at Man U, but by the end it was a complete shambles. 

Constantly changing his backline, formation etc. Not great when you are meant to be defensive coach. 

Reading on the Beeb gossip page that he's wanting to bring Fellani back to the Prem...assume it's complete nonsense, but who knows. 

He's just not compatible with a club like Spurs. I mean, we all love to rag on Spurs, but I can't think of many times where I would describe them as boring. Jose has managed that. 

Well said OGS, about time people come out and call cheats for what they are, embarrassing.  It’s a man’s (or adult) sport they are playing, yet I had to be tougher when playing football for under 13’s.  There needs to be more publicity for these players who pretend they are injured and call them out 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Well said OGS, about time people come out and call cheats for what they are, embarrassing.  It’s a man’s (or adult) sport they are playing, yet I had to be tougher when playing football for under 13’s.  There needs to be more publicity for these players who pretend they are injured and call them out 

Totally agree with this but OGS conveniently overlooked Rashford laying down mortally wounded minutes before the Son incident.

Bunch of lightweight drama queens. 

• Like 1