Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Liverpool were miles clear of City this time last season, City have closed the gap so must be doing comparatively better this season than they were last so this can't be their worst season in years, right? 

City have played less games than Liverpool, that is the reason Liverpool are currently above City. 

I am basing it on performance as well. They just don't look very good to me at the moment. Sorry!

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not defensive, just pointing out the facts. Why can't you admit you are wrong? 

Wrong about what exactly? you seem quite defensive, it's Saturday evening and you have brought up comments I made about Foden in October. It's quite weird lol

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Why would you watch City if you have no time for them or Pep? 

What do you mean "if you have no time for them or Pep"?

Out of interest, do you want City to win their league? I feel hints of bias

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am basing it on performance as well. They just don't look very good to me at the moment. Sorry!

Wrong about what exactly? you seem quite defensive, it's Saturday evening and you have brought up comments I made about Foden in October. It's quite weird lol

Yes I want City to win the league, I have no time for Liverpool or Man Utd or Mourinho.

You are spending Saturday night arguing about Foden and telling us how you spent the last time City played messaging your friend about 'Fraudiola'! Why bother watching them? 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yes I want City to win the league, I have no time for Liverpool or Man Utd or Mourinho.

You are spending Saturday night arguing about Foden and telling us how you spent the last time City played messaging your friend about 'Fraudiola'! Why bother watching them? 

You sound to me as though it's some sort of 2nd club for you. Why wouldn't I watch them? I like watching football? I don't get this line of challenge from you sorry lol 

29 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's all if this happens and if this happens with you. Liverpool are higher in the division and are therefore doing better. 

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

City have played less games than Liverpool, that is the reason Liverpool are currently above City. 

18 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

:ghoulguy:

What about how good Liverpool's performances look? 'Don't know, didn't watch them'.

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

They are doing ok to say they lost their best defender and don't have the strength in depth and resources of man city. 

They've lost Van Dijk...

And the reason that's costing them is because they let Lovren go in the summer and didn't bring in an adequate back up option. Relying on Matip to be consistently fit was idiocy tbh.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

They've lost Van Dijk...

And the reason that's costing them is because they let Lovren go in the summer and didn't bring in an adequate back up option. Relying on Matip to be consistently fit was idiocy tbh.

VVD is a top player and couldn't be replaced. He would get into any side right now.

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

VVD is a top player and couldn't be replaced. He would get into any side right now.

That's not the point.

Teams lose top players and a good squad will have some sort of back up option.

Liverpool are having to play central midfielders at CB right now. That's poor squad management, irrespective of bad luck with injuries.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

That's not the point.

Teams lose top players and a good squad will have some sort of back up option.

Liverpool are having to play central midfielders at CB right now. That's poor squad management, irrespective of bad luck with injuries.

Bit harsh with injuries to VVD, Marip and Gomez

17 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Our resident Baggies must be absolutely buzzing after that result. 

Still a tall order to stay up mind you. 

Wolves seem to have hit something of a glass ceiling. 

Am over the moon.

theyve waited 9 years to try and heal the scars of the 5-1 defeat

Our worst side in this division and it’s still too good for them

I think they have something like 2 wins against us in 25 years 

lol

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SiJ said:

Wash your bloody mouth out.

Tbh it was a bold statement, but I honestly can’t deal with United. The insufferable regurgitated Class of 92, the self righteousness, the bleeding on about Fergie, the bleeding on about Ronaldo who left them over a decade ago. I’m surprised they haven’t tried to pass him off as Mancunian. Like they should be top and champions just because of their name