Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Would love man u to win this one. Preferably with a few var decisions against Liverpool so klopp gets to show his true colours again. Mr passive aggressive who can't stand it when it's not all going his way and everyone takes a break from sucking him off. 

Enjoyed the pigs game, Son is fantastic to watch, proper player. 

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I can’t believe they’ve just had a moment’s applause for Gerry Marsden.

Almost like they revel in stuff like that. I could sort of see it if Fans were present, make it part of the playing of the song in the build up, but just players doing it, many of whom their parents weren't even born when he recorded it,was weird. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I can’t believe they’ve just had a moment’s applause for Gerry Marsden.

I bet you can believe it really, come on, it was utterly predictable. 

Well that was an anti-climax!

At least those who think the spread of COVID is down to footballers who celebrate goals setting a bad example will be happy! 

On 16/01/2021 at 19:40, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's all if this happens and if this happens with you. Liverpool are higher in the division and are therefore doing better. 

Well, this aged well! 

9 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

What a terrible wall that was, made it easy for Sterling really 

It wasn't the best but he went keepers side and put it in the top corner, good goal.

City look very dangerous.

Without even playing consistently brilliant, they are just churning out result after result.

The big edge they have on the others is their squad depth. Liverpool's bench is really lacking atm.

44 minutes ago, scram said:

Fear a bit for Palace

Although they look in a comfortable position they have the look of the type of team that could go on a wretched run and out of nowhere end up fighting for their lives

Palace will be OK, 3 wins, 2 draws and 14 defeats will get them to 34 points and that might well be enough. They will likely finish bottom 6 but I wouldn't expect much more of them anyway to be honest. 

8 hours ago, scram said:

You're probably right

But most seasons a team seems to drop from nowhere and end up in a fight they didn't expect to be in

I'd put Newcastle in that mix too

Having watched Newcastle last week o would definitely agree! They badly need their covid affected players back and firing or they could be in serious bother.

18 hours ago, scram said:

You're probably right

But most seasons a team seems to drop from nowhere and end up in a fight they didn't expect to be in

I'd put Newcastle in that mix too

I know what you mean and if any team in the PL is likely to fall unexpectedly into a dog fight then Palace or Newcastle would be a fair shout. Newcastle are very formulaic and I actually think that Palace have a bit more creativity and invention about them in Eze and Zaha. 

This season though I be very surprised if they 3 relegated teams don't all come from Blunts, West Brom, Fulham, Brighton & Burnley.