Points deduction - peoples thoughts

5 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Truth is unless it's reduced it's crippled our season even if we stay up. The whole system is not fit for purpose. All clubs in any of the league s should have to pay a bond and they forfeit that bond. So new owner has to pay it and then if it exceeds that the owner gets the fine which increases a depending on the severity. Fans have no control over owners and no say. It's time we stopped paying for it. We pay more than enough.

My worry is Monk and how many point behind we will be when he finally IS sacked. Supporting him now could get us relegated. Normally you can give them so long and have time to recover. This season because of the -12 it's massively different. 

Five year deal agreed with DC...bless 😭

I'm still hoping we get 3-6 points back on appeal. It is beyond a farce that the sliding scale of points penalties was introduced after the end of the season in question. We could have easily sold one or two players to reduce the penalty from -12 to -6 or -9, but as it wasn't possible to wipe off the whole deficit (and we didn't know these rules would be in force, as they hadn't been written) we didn't try. EFL are making it up as they go along.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

yep, well agree with that one. Again though, if a company goes into administration, what effect doe a financial penalty have? probably none.

If a club is going to administration then isn't that punishment in itself?  You could I suppose defer the financial punishment to time when they are in a better position to handle it.

Why should you and I be punished for a crime/rule we haven't broken?  We have in effect lost next seasons season ticket money.   I know there are no guarantees but morally it doesn't sit right.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

If a club is going to administration then isn't that punishment in itself?  You could I suppose defer the financial punishment to time when they are in a better position to handle it.

Why should you and I be punished for a crime/rule we haven't broken?  We have in effect lost next seasons season ticket money.   I know there are no guarantees but morally it doesn't sit right.

Well, you cant put morality alongside football, it doesnt exist. I guess thats the problem. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

Thought I'd start a topic just to see what peoples thoughts are on points deductions.

Not the ins and outs of the rules etc. Facts are we have a -12 deduction

I was pondering more on whether as a system it would be more beneficial to impose the rules whereby the deduction was given at the end of the season, not beginning (regardless of club) 

Would it make a difference? Mentally for the players? Realistically for the competition as a whole starting on a flat 0 points across the board? The type of player that could be recruited? The tactics the coach would employ? Make it different aiming for rather than clearing arrears?

Not looking for an argument just looking for peoples thoughts I know we can't change the rules or what happened so possibly a pointless discussion but still I'd be interested in knowing other peoples viewpoints

Does a -12 deduction have us 12 points clear at the top of the league before a ball has been kicked? #EIEIEIO #WEREONOURWAY #HMSPTL4 #COWTAS #BSBA #UTMFO 

The points deduction should apply to the season when the offence occurred. In our case that was 2018/19. Notwithstanding that in the season where we are supposed to have transgressed the current points scale didn't exist so didn't form part of the rules for that season. We should have our points restored. QED.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

The points deduction should apply to the season when the offence occurred. In our case that was 2018/19. Notwithstanding that in the season where we are supposed to have transgressed the current points scale didn't exist so didn't form part of the rules for that season. We should have our points restored. QED.

Sounds like you have covered everything there, I agree. 

I think a points deduction is better at the start of a season because you have 46 games to get the points you need. Getting it mid season if you have more points means nothing unless you were knocked out of the promotion hunt and at the end of the season is only done to make sure you are relegated ala Wigan.

2 hours ago, MRGRIM said:

Very much feels like "US" against "THEM"

I can only day dream of romping the league this season and getting prompted. 

Was wondering how long before I feel like turning off on Saturday and declaring the season over?

You will know within 4 or 5 games if anything has changed or if they are still serving up the same guff as last season.

For me if we are not in positive figures by at least game 10 then Monks time will be up, 12 points from 30 should not be a great ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Chansiri employs better lawyers than managers, so his lawyer is likely to get the 12 points back quicker than his manager gains 12 points. 

Sanction will be put in a different year or annulled !   

Well, here's hoping anyway!

Based on what?

The charges that were brought against us could incur a maximum 12 point penalty.

A 12 point penalty is exactly what we got, which is the exact same penalty had we not bothered fighting it anyway. Would suggest the lawyer's were on a par with the players to me.

3 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Chansiri employs better lawyers than managers, so his lawyer is likely to get the 12 points back quicker than his manager gains 12 points. 

Sanction will be put in a different year or annulled !   

Well, here's hoping anyway!

Wonder if he entrusts this to the master baker and seemingly part-time brief? 

21 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Based on what?

The charges that were brought against us could incur a maximum 12 point penalty.

A 12 point penalty is exactly what we got, which is the exact same penalty had we not bothered fighting it anyway. Would suggest the lawyer's were on a par with the players to me.

Yeah but if we just gave the lawyers a run of legal battles and the right service, they'll come good and start winning loads of cases like they did 5 years ago.

• Haha 2