Players that may leave before transfer window closes

4 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Reach and Rhodes 

Agree, neither had a good season last year (Rhodes for the last 3 years) and both in the last year of their contract. I'd also add Westwood to the list of players we should try to move on. 

Reach the most likely, but think we'll be stuck paying Rhodes and Westwood until their contracts expire.

Some others need replacing, but cant do it all in one window. The above are players whose financial drain far outweighs their current contribution. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

In Bannan and Brown we have two thirds of an excellent midfield. Can any of the current squad complete the three? Luongo or Pelupessy could do a job, but are not quite right, and I’m not sure which role the new lad plays. From afar, it looks to me as if we need a Hutch type to make up the perfect three in the middle.

Westwood prob let go free to get off wage bill. Be decent get 100/200k for him. 
Rhodes we would lose money on unless some idiots would pay over 2m for him. 
cut loses n accept 1m n get off wages. Unless JB can work with him n get his confidence back. 
JVA can see goin abroad 500k. 
Reach may work hard for new coaching staff n get form back. If heat not in it may have to let got cheap. 2m 

Lees let go 500k tops 

JVA I think could get a move to Europe 

lees and KW other clubs will struggle to match their wages, I think when we signed Lees we paid a nominal fee which essentially paid up his remaining contract which I would take for both of them.

Rhodes I can’t see going anywhere except on loan.

We need to decide what to do with Bannan and reach, last year of contracts we can’t keep letting players go for nothing but only if we replace with quality players. 

8 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Reach has got something to prove next season. New management team, loads of off pitch stick from supporters. If he doesn’t rise to this challenge and isn’t performing 5-6 games in then he needs to go as he hasn’t got the character we need.

What a load of tosh.  He's got plenty of character. Bravery isn't all about tackling people hard. He carried the team under Jos and effectively stopped us being relegated. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

What a load of tosh.  He's got plenty of character. Bravery isn't all about tackling people hard. He carried the team under Jos and effectively stopped us being relegated. 

Nuhiu and Joao becoming the best strike force in the league for 5 months kept us up not Adam Reach we need to move on from players like him he's not good enough.

Guest Therealrealist

If we could offload Rhodes and Westwood..sell bannan and reach..I wud start gettin excited about the new season

9 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Reach is one of the most frustrating players I think I've ever watched, but the stats don't lie, we probably would have been close to relegation 17/18 without his goals and assists. Since that season for one reason or another he's looked no where near that level, and he was still frustrating to watch then with his nack of pulling out of 70-30 challenges in his favour.

Last season he was nothing short of dreadful whilst also having an air about him that he was too good for us. Another one that will see out his contract and whimper off somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, BonesyOwl said:

Reach is one of the most frustrating players I think I've ever watched, but the stats don't lie, we probably would have been close to relegation 17/18 without his goals and assists. Since that season for one reason or another he's looked no where near that level, and he was still frustrating to watch then with his nack of pulling out of 70-30 challenges in his favour.

Last season he was nothing short of dreadful whilst also having an air about him that he was too good for us. Another one that will see out his contract and whimper off somewhere else. 

Maybe his stock is still high enough for us to get a small fee for him, but it’s unlikely to be anywhere near what we paid for him Could try and look for some sort of player swap, if it’s true that Boro want him back